WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

• 2 weeks later...

Someone claiming to be the guy selling it responded to the thread on bimmerforums:

Hi! This is me!

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Layne viewpost-right.png
Probably parted out because it was a wrecked piece of junk, then half resurrected by some ambitious moron who couldn't get it running.

Thanks, I am quite an ambitious moron! (: It was running and driving and my daily. I just had a better car sort of fall into my lap, so it needed to go, it is being parted out now though since so many different people wanted different parts.

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by mxl556 viewpost-right.png
I think he added an extra 0 to the price smile.gif Totalled E36 M3 shell with 318i parts in it. Non running... Someone had a dream that never came true...

Ah, you're so right! Haven't we all had dreams that have never come true, its a tragic thought. Luckily we have each others support through those hard time. Also luckily, my only dream regarding this car was to not see it crushed and learn more about e36s. I accomplished both! biggrin.gif

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Scopy176 viewpost-right.png
kinda sucks cause i just want the m42 and trans out of it haha... just dont want to have to deal with the shit shell

That doesn't suck at all, you just should have emailed me as this wasn't where I was checking for interest in the car. Im actually in the middle of pulling the motor and trans right now, feel free to reach out and Id be happy to sell it to you. My girlfriend and I were just going to throw it into out e30 track car and do our best to blow it up while we finished piecing together our 302 swap.