WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

So I checked out this car for Earl 2 weeks ago, besides the crazy rust on the drivers front strut tower this car is pretty decent. Interior was smoked in but in my opinion a detail would get rid of any evidence. Paint is decent and if this car is used for a M5X/S5X swap then it's mostly cosmetic issues.

The guy selling it is a bit hard to work with but other than that it would be a good swap car if you feel like cutting out the front of the strut tower. It is a non structural part so that is a plus. The guy had no clue it was anything special until I told him about it haha

'smoked in' never comes out. on my last e30, most of the time you couldn't tell someone had smoked in it but the minute you blast the ac or heat, for the first few seconds you smell the ashtray awfulness. the last two previous owners both said they were non-smokers (and they were credible) so that means it still smelled like that at least 6 years since the last time a smoker owned it.

^^ very true, I guess I couldn't confirm without running a/c but yeah it's hit or miss. My E36 was lightly smoked in and didn't smell after detailing but I sprayed cleaners in the vents too.

If I had $14k to drop right now I'd be running to get that M5! I've seen one Imola E39 M5 in person and it looks so mean.