WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

I have actually been thinking about obtaining an e46 m3 either this summer or next. All I have to say about them from what I am seeing, holy maintenance batman.

Yea I highly considered buying one for a fun summer daily, but like you said... I couldn't live with all the quirks breaking left and right. I would rather build my own expensive car I think... 

I just really want to try a true M car, vs trying to make one like an M. It is a high price to pay, but when you look at the engine and its power figures it is not surprising that it takes a lot to maintain it.

me too :) but I think I have to wait until I'm 25 because paying 200$ a month for a wrx really sucks, and its like almost double for me to insure an M car. e36 or e46 LOL. 

some day I will enjoy the good cars!

Once I hit 25 my insurance didn't drop as much as I'd hoped :/  

I also found it odd that with Progressive, the difference in cost for me to insure and e46 M vs e92 M was only around $40/month. 

Once I bought a house it dropped from 196 to 137!!!! maybe thats because I had them for a year.. Just found this out this month when I paid. Seriously need to bundle my home and auto though. 

At that price they must be buying those V10's as crate motors along with new oem everything.

That's what I am thinking.  I wonder what it takes to squeeze the v10 in there?  I can't find any e9x race cars that had them, like a GTR or something.

What kind of surprised me is the listed 0-60 time is slower than an e90 M3 with over a 100hp less

At that price they must be buying those V10's as crate motors along with new oem everything.

That's what I am thinking.  I wonder what it takes to squeeze the v10 in there?  I can't find any e9x race cars that had them, like a GTR or something.

What kind of surprised me is the listed 0-60 time is slower than an e90 M3 with over a 100hp less

http://jalopnik.com/welcome-to-bmws-secret-collection-of-v12-engine-swaps-1666113451?utm_campaign=socialflow_jalopnik_twitter&utm_source=jalopnik_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk