WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

5 hours ago, bk335 said:

https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/6047238498.html

Do anybody know anything about this e34? Apparently it's been for sale for a long time which is a red flag to me, my friend may go look at it today.

If this is the same car, below is the previous info. Besides the light changes the M5 mirrors aren't on the car anymore. Read the posts below this link. Dan forgot about his investigative work lol.

Fwiw there is a tan/tan e34 525it in schmidts in Waunakee with front end damage. 

16 hours ago, RobZR said:

I love a nice E34 touring,  but this one looks like a polished turd. The red flag BS detector is in overdrive on this one.

240K on the body with a 110K? S52.  maybe....   97% rust free  not...

$6k not even close.   hell I don't even think Calypso would be worth that, and it's 100% rust free.

this one reminds me of the 1st Hellrot 540Ia I had after a year every panel was bubbling with rot.

Rob, how much for the Calypso? :D

12 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

This may be closer to being finished than most of the e30 projects here.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/pts/6065891859.html

11 hours ago, Rekpoint said:

Shots fired holy shit...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, andyhundley said:

This "car" is still more reliable then any N54/N55 on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roflmao @ all this

22 hours ago, Snap said:

My favorite part about this ad is that the ask price is $30k and nearly the very first line is "any credit is guaranteed to be approved!" 

Any time I see a small-fry corner-stand used car lot with huge fonts advertising shit like "bad credit? no credit? Do you suck at life completely? Are you poor and cannot afford insurance but still feel entitled to drive a car??!?!! Stop in today and we'll get you going!!" - I immediately know it's a lot to avoid. 

There was a TV ad recently for a used dealer in Madison selling a 2014 Chevy Malibu for $100/mon.  The advertised price was $12999... I was doing the math in my head as I watched it and blurted out in shock and amazement "That's almost 11 years!!!".  It's should be illegal to allow terms that long on a car.  By the time it's paid off that Malibu will be worth pennies!