WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

13 minutes ago, Snap said:

Dom hit the nail on the head.  Kameron re-sells the 30 dollar "carbon fiber" filter and air duct kits that you can buy in bulk from Alibaba.

After failing to devise my own E30 intake, cramped up in the factory location with the factory AFM, ABS unit, and coolant reservoir, I bought the Kamotors intake.

The best thing about it is that it fits the E30 engine bay,

I don't trust it for filtration and the radii on the inside are dreadful for flow losses, but its pretty much all that exists besides the stock airbox.

When coupled with your run of the mill AFM adapter, you are faced with an even worse transition which creates a lot of turbulence and flow losses that hurt your low end performance.

I stand corrected, thanks for the info! 

53 minutes ago, Snap said:

Dom hit the nail on the head.  Kameron re-sells the 30 dollar "carbon fiber" filter and air duct kits that you can buy in bulk from Alibaba.

After failing to devise my own E30 intake, cramped up in the factory location with the factory AFM, ABS unit, and coolant reservoir, I bought the Kamotors intake.

The best thing about it is that it fits the E30 engine bay,

I don't trust it for filtration and the radii on the inside are dreadful for flow losses, but its pretty much all that exists besides the stock airbox.

When coupled with your run of the mill AFM adapter, you are faced with an even worse transition which creates a lot of turbulence and flow losses that hurt your low end performance.

If you are looking for a little better filter, spectre makes a couple inline filters ranging from 3-4 inch inlet/outlet smooth look or flat edge. Part numbers are 9831-9833. No shame plug I make custom intakes and buy silicone couplers in bulk off of alibaba, I have up to 3 inch tube bender and bead roller.

2 hours ago, m42b32 said:

That's a Kamotors intake, they are actually a pretty good intake from what I have heard. IIRC they run about $150 

You mean a chinese intake from Alibaba that kamotors buys in bulk, puts his name on it and resells for A LOT more? 

aka I bought one off ebay (when I first bought my car) for more than half the cost that kamotors sells his for and compared them to someone who had his. Same shit.

But don't tell Brian since kamotors is his boyfriend.

I have a few friends (not from Wicsonsin) with Felony Form cars and they can look really good. This is one of those examples where the person has a white car and thinks the gel coat is a good enough white to not even worry about painting them lol. 

47 minutes ago, bk335 said:

https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/6047238498.html

Do anybody know anything about this e34? Apparently it's been for sale for a long time which is a red flag to me, my friend may go look at it today.

saw this ad awhile back. my thoughts -

1)strange two-tone interior which they have clearly dyed from gray to black in places. touring interiors are very hard to come by if you wanted to fix this by replacing them

2)air ride suspension  <_<

3)black out tint <_<

3)all the things wrong from his ad

-sunroof won't open not a fun fix
-interior needs work duh
-rear door Windows don't work new regulators $$, but could be wiring?
-rear left door card is garbage see 'duh' above
-rear seat needs to be repainted see 'duh' above
-cracked windshield easy fix
-rear hatch window works when she wants. not an easy fix, but doable
-split rear bumper e34 bumpers arent expensive but still has to be replaced
-damage to front right bumper. I slid into a snow bank.  see above. also looks like the nose panel is broken and possibly the fender is damaged

4)The 5-speed swap, e36 steering wheel, wheels, and paint condition are nice!

conclusion - overpriced, but not by a lot

12 minutes ago, straight6pwr said:

saw this ad awhile back. my thoughts -

1)strange two-tone interior which they have clearly dyed from gray to black in places. touring interiors are very hard to come by if you wanted to fix this by replacing them

2)air ride suspension  <_<

3)black out tint <_<

3)all the things wrong from his ad

-sunroof won't open not a fun fix
-interior needs work duh
-rear door Windows don't work new regulators $$, but could be wiring?
-rear left door card is garbage see 'duh' above
-rear seat needs to be repainted see 'duh' above
-cracked windshield easy fix
-rear hatch window works when she wants. not an easy fix, but doable
-split rear bumper e34 bumpers arent expensive but still has to be replaced
-damage to front right bumper. I slid into a snow bank.  see above. also looks like the nose panel is broken and possibly the fender is damaged

4)The 5-speed swap, e36 steering wheel, wheels, and paint condition are nice!

conclusion - overpriced, but not by a lot

Yikes. Thanks for your input. The title is "in his sisters name" which is another huge reg flag to me. I'm trying to steer my buddy away, as sweet as a bagged e34 touring is.

1 hour ago, bk335 said:

https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/6047238498.html

Do anybody know anything about this e34? Apparently it's been for sale for a long time which is a red flag to me, my friend may go look at it today.

If I had a son or daughter in high school I would say this would be a great project car, a lot of different repairs for him/her to learn on their own car. If you could get it for a reasonable price.

6 minutes ago, Daggerty said:

If I had a son or daughter in high school I would say this would be a great project car, a lot of different repairs for him/her to learn on their own car. If you could get it for a reasonable price.

Yeah I would agree. He can only have one car right now with his living situation so he would sell his f-body to accommodate the E34, not a smart choice IMO when he needs a somewhat reliable car to get to work everyday.

I love a nice E34 touring,  but this one looks like a polished turd. The red flag BS detector is in overdrive on this one.

240K on the body with a 110K? S52.  maybe....   97% rust free  not...

$6k not even close.   hell I don't even think Calypso would be worth that, and it's 100% rust free.

this one reminds me of the 1st Hellrot 540Ia I had after a year every panel was bubbling with rot.

9 hours ago, Earl said:

This guy must like his substances like he likes his car. White and overpriced=P

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/6056966884.html

I dont think that price is bad. Talk him down to $3500,

felony form overfenders  $500
esr wheels $500
raceland coilovers $200
poly diff / subframe bushings  $100
csl wing $100

So $1500 in shit parts, and $2000 for a beat to shit E36. Seems fair....

That touring just looks awesome, and I totally want it, and seems about the same deal.