WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

On 4/7/2017 at 7:48 AM, patsbimmer1 said:

My guess would be another R8 since he bought a whole shell...

Lame, swap it into an e30.  If he was swapping into the same car why would he need a whole crashed car?  If I was swapping into something else I would buy a whole crashed car to make sure i had everything.

11 hours ago, Jdesign said:

https://racine.craigslist.org/cto/6082859751.html

Cheap E30 with a blown motor but has some interesting parts on it. (sideskirts)

1200 for a rusted out shell?  It would be one thing if it was clean and needed mechanical work.  I'd pay no more than 300$.  Would be a fun beater that you wouldn't worry about door dings.

Agreed on some interesting parts, but from the pics and the brief video better to buy really cheap and part out: the armrest, cluster, hood, wheels, bumpers, lip, door cards with tweeters(?), sport seats, small bits, etc.

From the quick video the rust looks too deep into the rockers to be worth dropping another engine into it.

gosh, there is not much worth saving on the car. every panel is bad except the rear bumper! seats are trashed, dash is cracked, cluster is ebay yuckness, speakers hacked into the door panels, airbag wheel, crappy tint on all the glass, ebay taillights, broken volvo lip, sealed beams, blown engine, missing window trim. @jc43089 is on the money, $300 max.