WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

On 4/22/2017 at 7:43 AM, Snap said:

It is a very "Hot Wheels" look but Its like Earls 328i, its good to see something different than a BBS/mesh style on occasion.

ehhhhhhhhh I dunno. You get +1 for the Hot Wheels comparison, but that's where the buck stops. 

There's obviously a reason that there are some unofficial "standard" wheels for some cars. Just because someone does something different, doesn't mean it is necessarily good. It's like Indie music. A lot of indie sucks because it intentionally tries to be eclectic and off the beaten path in a quest for pseudo-intellectual "artists" to try to validate themselves as being unique and imply that they are superior for doing so. None of that changes the fact that many studies have proven that certain music chord progressions are, by nature, more aurally pleasing to the majority of people's ears. This is the same concept with a good number of modern BMWs that all look really good with any CSL-style wheel, or older BMWs that look really good with basketweaves. 

These Hot Wheels should have stayed in toy form, not been put on a E92. They are fucking trash. :D 

21 minutes ago, Earl said:

I think it would be cool to own an E34 like this. It just seems really overpriced and the guy has been trying to sell for a long time I think. I recall seeing this before at some point. Does anybody know what prices these are actually selling for with 150k miles? (not listing, actual sale prices)

1 hour ago, i_love_cars said:

@Earl you are single-handedly giving me an entire morning's worth of reading material here. Well done sir 

You're welcome=) 

That e34 is weird to me. I understand the Dinan engine is amazeballs but to me that still should hurt the price instead of help as it makes it less of a "collector" and more of a drivers car. For that price, there are a lot more options for someone to drive a "fast" bmw