WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

26 minutes ago, Snap said:

I think this is neat but then theres the usual problem of adorning a non M car with the M colorband and the "435" on the side is meh.
Apply these decals to a modded M4 and I think id be in love

01010_1XCscXtEH3B_600x450.jpg

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/6060998163.html

I do like the look of the faded M stripes and the 435 is out of place.  What frustrates me most is he has thousands of dollars in mods on a car that MSRP'd for $50k+ just 3 years ago and his craigslist ad is still adorned with SCREENSHOTS OF CELL PHONE PICTURES!  Buy a fucking camera or borrow someones!

31 minutes ago, Earl said:

Or the fender was rotten. Who is to say=P

Me?

1) Core support is f*ed, look at the engine bay pictures at the headlight bucket area

2) Front bumper is pushed in and crooked, and also huge gap between the bumper and the fender.

3) Missing front valance. There is really no reason to remove one unless its damaged beyond repair.

4)Hood and fender are replacements in a different color.

5)Missing the rear bumper - he quite possibly got rear-ended in the same accident.

11 minutes ago, Earl said:

That seems like a killer deal. Am I missing something?

Well there is things you can see that was used taken the budget route.

the harbor freight battery disconnect and the eBay 30 dollar "carbon fiber" filter and air duct

would I do the same thing? Yes because I realize certain things don't have better traits just because they cost 5 times as much.

That being said you can see money spent on stuff that matters, oddessey battery $$$$$$

Also the title issue might have some reason for it.

4 minutes ago, m42b32 said:

That's a Kamotors intake, they are actually a pretty good intake from what I have heard. IIRC they run about $150 

Dom hit the nail on the head.  Kameron re-sells the 30 dollar "carbon fiber" filter and air duct kits that you can buy in bulk from Alibaba.

After failing to devise my own E30 intake, cramped up in the factory location with the factory AFM, ABS unit, and coolant reservoir, I bought the Kamotors intake.

The best thing about it is that it fits the E30 engine bay,

I don't trust it for filtration and the radii on the inside are dreadful for flow losses, but its pretty much all that exists besides the stock airbox.

When coupled with your run of the mill AFM adapter, you are faced with an even worse transition which creates a lot of turbulence and flow losses that hurt your low end performance.