WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

I quit watching breaking bad the first time around, gave it another chance before Better Call Saul started and now they are two of my favorite shows. 

The Walking Dead is great, this season has restored some faith in the show I think. The last two seasons were kinda meh. Fear The Walking Dead is also good.

Watched the first episode of West World and thought that was great, I just haven't had a chance to watch more. HBO Now has a 1 month free promo going that I'll start over the holidays. 

I've been a huge Walking Dead fan!  I was reading the comics before the show started but I haven't kept up on the comics for a bit now.  I got my wife hooked on it because it's not the same old Zombie show.  It's about humanity and struggle in adverse conditions.  The zombies at this point are more of a side quest as opposed to the main story.

A buddy got me hooked on Westworld and I watched all of season 1 up to the last 2 episodes then watched them live.  Holy shit, that show got me hooked!  What a total mind fuck!  

I liked Breaking Bad but like a lot of people I came to it late.  That was slow at times but if you stuck with it the seasons were really good.  I can see how people could get bored with it.

Does anyone watch Shameless?

13 minutes ago, patsbimmer1 said:

@KaiserRolls I feel like my e36's were better in the snow than my e90.  I don't know if it was the tires or what but it just felt more stable.  I had Cooper Weathermaster's and General Altimax's and on the e90 I have Michelin X-ice.

less weight? I find that e30s are better than e34s in the snow, and that's the reason I assume. less momentum and all that.

'stable' is a broad term though.

altimax > michelin x-ice

I blew through Sons of Anarchy. Absolutely loved that show. The last season or two weren't as good as the stuff towards the beginning/middle.

Never really got into Breaking Bad, but want to give it another chance.

Always Sunny in Phillidelphia, Parks and Recreation, The Office, The League, Trailer Park Boys, Curb Your Enthusiasm and New Girl are my go-to shows when I want to laugh. Criminal Minds and Orange Is The New Black are always interesting.

Anyone watch American Horror Story?

I blew through Sons of Anarchy. Absolutely loved that show. The last season or two weren't as good as the stuff towards the beginning/middle.

Never really got into Breaking Bad, but want to give it another chance.

Always Sunny in Phillidelphia, Parks and Recreation, The Office, The League, Trailer Park Boys, Curb Your Enthusiasm and New Girl are my go-to shows when I want to laugh. Criminal Minds and Orange Is The New Black are always interesting.

Anyone watch American Horror Story?

I've watched American horror story. While I appreciate its efforts as a "pushing cable tv show boundaries" sometimes the show is a bit over the top fucked up. That being said it's meh. 4/7

Black Mirror is another show I thought was great. It is a sort of modern day Twilight Zone. All episodes are completely different stories that don't tie in with eachother. 

Broadchurch is also a good show out of the UK. I have never been one for detective type shows but I found both seasons to be very well done. I can't wait for the third season to come out. 

2 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

less weight? I find that e30s are better than e34s in the snow, and that's the reason I assume. less momentum and all that.

'stable' is a broad term though.

altimax > michelin x-ice

I find the opposite to be true, though I never put NEW snows on the e30. 
The e34 has a longer wheelbase and man oh man would I hang the end of that car out. I will never forget hitting full lock and bouncing limiter in 3rd on a curved single lane road with curbs on both sides. That was a magical day. 

The lifted e30 doesn't count in this opinion, because that is not a fair comparison. 

19 minutes ago, GunMetalGrey said:

The e34 has a longer wheelbase and man oh man would I hang the end of that car out. I will never forget hitting full lock and bouncing limiter in 3rd on a curved single lane road with curbs on both sides. That was a magical day. 

The lifted e30 doesn't count in this opinion, because that is not a fair comparison. 

it seems the e30 stops much faster, and with other unpredictable drivers on the road, is probably the most important thing. a fair amount of brake pressure would almost never kick the ABS on. the e34, on the other hand, always wants to slide to a stop. maybe its the m60+touring+fat guy weight.

1 hour ago, GunMetalGrey said:

Can confirm the long wheelbase theory. My parents used to have a 2001 GMC Yukon XL, that thing is like 20+ feet long and I could hang the tail out in the snow and hold it there as long as I wanted. I'd love to go slide around in a 740il at some point, id imagine it's similar