WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

On 12/16/2016 at 4:10 PM, patsbimmer1 said:

I don't win much in my relationship with my wife but the garage has always been mine.  My argument was that I actually cared about my cars and the condition they were in.  She didn't have a garage spot until we bought our own house.

I decided that would never happen again, so we bought a house with a 4.5 car attached garage and a 2400sqft shed.

I've learned be careful setting expectations. My wife has said you should have just gotten me a minivan after we bought the Volvo wagon, then she actually drove a minivan, a Toyota Sienna, and said "why is it so slow?". I'm not sure she realizes that most of the Volvo wagons have 2/3 or less power than hers...

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, GunMetalGrey said:

Fixed?

Never heard the pump whining, but I had a weird intermittent thing where the engine would loose power for a couple seconds, and the continue running normally. Has been happening maybe once a month or so since I bought the car. During the summer I had some hard starts that seemed to be caused by overly rich mixture(?). Also had a CEL the entire time, which went away after replacing the O2 sensor near the end of summer. A week before the pump failed I had a few random hard starts where it took maybe 30 seconds of cranking before the engine finally started normally and ran perfectly normally like nothing was wrong...  I probably have some other issue (maybe coolant sensor?) besides just the fuel pump, but such is the high-mileage life...

11 hours ago, HipMF said:

Never heard the pump whining, but I had a weird intermittent thing where the engine would loose power for a couple seconds, and the continue running normally. Has been happening maybe once a month or so since I bought the car. During the summer I had some hard starts that seemed to be caused by overly rich mixture(?). Also had a CEL the entire time, which went away after replacing the O2 sensor near the end of summer. A week before the pump failed I had a few random hard starts where it took maybe 30 seconds of cranking before the engine finally started normally and ran perfectly normally like nothing was wrong...  I probably have some other issue (maybe coolant sensor?) besides just the fuel pump, but such is the high-mileage life...

I also had that happen a couple of times