WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

1 hour ago, straight6pwr said:

fog light covers? then you can't use your fog lights.  driving while its snowing is the time when fog lights are like little miracles - no snow vertigo glare.

You've never owned an e36 in the winter have you?  These fog lights are little disasters waiting to happen.  BMW only used the most brittle of lenses and theres not an aftermarket out there any stronger.  It's not will they break but when.

3 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

You've never owned an e36 in the winter have you?  These fog lights are little disasters waiting to happen.  BMW only used the most brittle of lenses and theres not an aftermarket out there any stronger.  It's not will they break but when.

i've never owned an e36 at all, thank god.

could some lamin-x help instead of full covers?

14 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

That's why I swapped my fogs for a $20 pair from amazon, ran a bead of silicone around the joint between the lense and the fog body to keep condensation out (the cheap ones seal like crap), and then stopped caring. If/when they break, not the end of the world and I'll get another pair with two day shipping haha. Its loads better than worrying about fogs that are like $70 a piece...

4 hours ago, KaiserRolls said:

Jesus dude did you ever wash it or just pee on it all the time

I'd be lying if I said I didn't pee on it at least a few times. I parked it behind my house in college that I rented with 5 other guys.

3 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

well it looks like you started with a damaged body, and the salt just found all the open wounds. exposed steel is going to rust like that on any car.

What dude?! Nah, it was mint when I picked it up... :lol:

8656616220_8023b9421d_c.jpg
8655389703_7d38538317_c.jpg

59 minutes ago, Snap said:

I dont do photoshoots by puddles, my car hasnt rusted yet.

Haha, it was horrible. Started bleeding rust everywhere. Lost my front lip and lower grille. The exhaust rusted and completely fell off. Window trim got all fucked up because the coupe windows kept freezing, not allowing me to open the door. Side door trim didn't stay on anymore because the mounting holes rusted open too far. Heat stopped working, dash became a Christmas tree, and clutch started slipping.

At the end of the day, it was still one of my favorite cars ever. It was crappy when I got it, but it was my first BMW. I traded my $1,000 Jeep Cherokee with no floorboards for it, straight up. Ended up selling it for $1,700 with like 250k miles.

31039446082_4682ae509d_c.jpg

...if anyone feels like revising it's build thread: 

Claimed our little corner of DRIVETRIBE, the new automotive social media site headed by Clarkson, Hammond, and May. I think this code expires at noon tomorrow but the site launches Monday otherwise. Curious to see what this will become.

Early Access Code: 906488GTB

https://www.drivetribe.com/t/SyRc1yWFQbC-Pv4ao0Cbjg/etO8WX-tRNODqd6W-71obg

New message from: turboautomod (115Turquoise Star)

.313 to.315 hole size is 10 ea @.370 with two opposing holes for alignment at .280 have not worked further on this project to determine if it is a accumulation issue or not.

Your previous message

Can you measure the hole size? This is the first I have heard of there being an issue with them not fitting.

turboautomod:

very tight have to install with a hammer i will have to drill out holes to next size up

to get it to slide on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk