WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

18 hours ago, Earl said:

They do Hibachi instead of just throwing a slab of meat on a grille. 

Not really.  Hibachi is a style of cooking over charcoal while the typical japanese steak house in America uses a gas heated iron grill top.  Japanese Steak House is a misnomer, they happen to serve steak but aren't a traditional "Steak House" in which steak is the focus of the menu.  It's more of a show than a focus on quality steaks.

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, andyhundley said:

I am going to Tennessee on Friday. We rented a cabin in the Smokies near Gatlinburg. It should be fun but I wish that I would've done more research because the place seems sort of like the Dells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least it should be FIB free=)

38 minutes ago, patsbimmer1 said:

I'm heading to Nashville next Friday as a belated wedding anniversary trip.  We have some friends that live down there and we rented a house near music row.

That's awesome.

Sam is headed down there for a Lamers bus tour the first week of October. September 30th-Octover 2nd we are headed up to Door County like we do yearly, but this time we will be staying at a B&B on Washington Island and spending the weekend just on the island itself. 

2 hours ago, andyhundley said:

I am going to Tennessee on Friday. We rented a cabin in the Smokies near Gatlinburg. It should be fun but I wish that I would've done more research because the place seems sort of like the Dells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it really is. But if you are planning on going into the park, its nice to be that close. All those the beautiful mountain roads! Planning any whitewater rafting or tubing?