WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

3 hours ago, Earl said:

Anyone ever have door glass that has a heavy cloudy build up of dirt where the glass meets the window seals? My new passenger window for the compact has this and I am trying to figure out the best way to remove it as soap and water didn't do the trick

Use 0000 steel wool. It'll easily remove that grime without scratching the glass.

For what I got charged for this used one I should have bought a new pane. A new window is only $156. The guy was supposed to send me bumper shocks and the window for $120 but then he threw away the shocks and sent me the window saying, "Shipping was a lot more than I figured and the studs on the bumper shocks had more rust than you wanted." 

I just watched a guy clean windows with the steel wool like TJ suggested and it was phenomenalB)

1 hour ago, patsbimmer1 said:

I'd try Bar Keepers Friend before an abrasive like steel wool!

#0000 grade steel wool won't scratch the glass, it will clean the dirt out of scratches though sometimes making them more visible. Also this dosent work with tint or rear window heaters on the inside as it will scratch.

I have never driven it long enough to go through a set of tires lol.
My 300 tread wear BFG's still look new and that is the set I had on there the longest. 
Sounds like you may have something going on back there. 

I'm a bit concerned that my subframe riser bushings will take out too much camber, so here's to hoping that doesn't happen!