WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

I honestly don't even know much about them. I saved a couple searches on ebay about 10 years ago, and never deleted them. (relatively)Recently it started popping up results from those searches when I go to the homepage. I threw in a $2000 bid when it was at $500 because why not. Makes my Tuesday evening a little more interesting. Of course now it's at $11,000 and I've lost all interest. Such is the life of a hipster wannabe.

Hoping to pick this up at an auction on Saturday for cheap.  It's an "M converted" 93 325i coupe that looks like at one time it was a pretty nice car.  It has M door sills, bump trim on the doors, bumpers, steering wheel, etc.  It has a bottom mount turbo of unknown quality/size, tubular style exhaust manifold rather than cast which seemed interesting. and quite a lot of janky fender stretching in back.  Complete with all the essential stickers on the back window such as "illest", "lowislife", "euro trash", "Stanceworks" etc.  

I am not sure if the engine is original or not, the car is a '93 but the engine has vanos.  I don't know what month they started with that.  I think the injectors had green tops.  It still had a MAF, and some weird relief valve on the intake piping.  It looks to me like the hardware got installed and never quite go to the tuning stage.

How much would you pay?

IMAG0155_zpsulfqwf25.jpg

Yea, not paying near that much, it's held together with zip ties and it supposedly runs but it might be junk. The fenders appear to have been rolled with a channel lock pliers to avoid rub after sawzalling the springs... I think max I would pay is 700.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

It made it to 252k, my wife and I drove it away from our wedding in 09, and brought both of our kids home from the hospital in it. Kind of a sad moment for a sap like me. Hope I don't have any trouble with the other guys insurance, it was clearly his fault and a cop saw it happen. His insurance company should be glad he hit a 1000 dollar car lol.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

those wheels look really good on there.

Unlike e30s, you can fit a 9" wide wheel with ease and you have a nice selection of wheels that will actually fit. The storms are lightweight and relatively inexpensive. Very popular with miatas, as well as 6ul and Jongbloed or whatever they are called. She had these powder coated white because she is insane