WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

Bought this Clarion FZ-102E for one of the cars and I'm super happy with it. Matches the oem lighting perfect and buttons look great too. It's a basic European market head unit but that's all I wanted. Took about a week to ship from the U.K. 

IMG_2083.JPGhttp://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clarion-FZ102E-Mechless-Deckless-USB-AUX-In-Car-Stereo-Radio-Player-RED-Display-/271643876546

4 hours ago, Snap said:

Being european, does the radio frequency change at all? Probably a stupid question

No good question! Not sure what this unit isn't in the us market because it does cover the full American spectrum. I haven't bought the correct antenna wiring yet but many on bimmer forums have had no issues.

5 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

aww man that is awesome, need one of those in my life.

Cheaper than a CD43! 

• 2 weeks later...

My latest and greatest theory on the once-a-month random-loss-of-power/failure-to-run-at-all e34 life.

-or-

One of several hundred (non moving parts) reasons you shouldn't daily a 25-year-old car.

IMG_20170312_195704441_zpsjk2oxgjf.jpg

Car runs great 99.8% of the time. The other 0.2% it doesn't run at all. If you giggle the fuel pump relay, it seems to make no difference. If you jump the contacts with a paper clip it runs fine. However, since it runs perfectly 99.8% of the time (at random), you're never sure if the changes you made actually changed something, or if it just randomly decided to start working again...

On 2/27/2017 at 11:10 AM, Jeff said:

What I am wondering is what are engine limitations, can they be 2stroke? Age restrictions? Is there certain days that you can run them on the drag strip? I read up on a lot of info online but it would be nice to know exact info from someone that had done it.

Wow....missed this.  My Cousin is now in his late 20's, os it's been a few years since they actually participated.  They usually go through a rule overhaul every few years. My relatives would have a little insight but nothing relevant.  I bet there are internet forums dedicated to this.

• 2 weeks later...