WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Chapter GMW | E30 LS1 (starting on post #1427)

DrLeadFoot

that middle pic O_O

There is definitely some photography skill on this forum. We really need some good photoshoots this year with some of our cars.

I think ClassE and TJ's M3 would be killer together in a shoot and all the black E30s together or maybe some generational shots if possible

I was thinking the same thing when I saw Collin's new pics last night. Maybe after the e30 picnic??

Dr. Molitor, these pics are so awesome!!

Still waiting on Kummrow for an update. #tictoc.

The next step all depends on what needs to be fixed. If I need to buy a whole ecu then I'm going MS. If not then I should get a turbo wrap and wrap the downpipe. I have a funny feeling that the coil wires melted.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I have a funny feeling that you would hit your power goals with MS3 and an electronic boost controller

I have a funny feeling that you would hit your power goals with MS3 and an electronic boost controller

If he would just pop in some 1000cc plus injectors, be a man, put in a little e85, go MS3 with their cheapy 50$ boost controller, he would crush the shit out of his power goals. 

You can do it :) 

Haha!  In due time, gentlemen.

Update:  With the TRM "turbo" chip the fuel pump priming intermittently when the key is switched to on.  When a stock chip is installed it primes every time.  I dropped off my old NA TRM chip at Kummrow to see if it will start around lunch time.

The stock chip that was initially used couldn't crank the car over due to the alarm system check (or something like that) so that is why I dropped off my old NA TRM chip to see if it will start. 

And the beat goes on...

Please don't take that in a bad way at all! You know how rad your car is, we don't need to tell you :)

But really. Spend 600$ on some 1000cc's and run e85 with megasquirt. Have pump gas tune with a flip of a switch, or just a flex fuel sensor.

So much support from megasquirt these days you shouldn't be scurred.

It still is up in the air on what is wrong.  I don't want to drop "unnecessary skrilla" at this point.  I will if I have to but I would rather keep some stacked in the bank for these next couple months.  Trips are coming up and I should start saving for another investment.

Ideally this will be an easy fix and I can drive the piss out of the car this summer with little down time.  In the winter, build a badass fuel system and get squirty on a mega level.   Last year I was down the majority of the year building the car.  I'm jonesing for some wheel time as it is truly addictive at this point.

Keep the input and ideas coming!  You all help me more than you know for motivation and knowledge!!!!! 

Status Update:

Waiting on Santa aka UPS to drop off my new TRM chip and the other thing with the resistors/electrical thingy that plugs into the ECU board and the chip onto that.  After talking with TRM he thinks that the "thingy" is the problem.  We shall see soon!

I also stopped by Speedy Metals to get a 1/10" aluminum sheet so I can correctly mount my ECU.  I was thinking of running some computer cooling fans to prevent any overheating.  After I get the ECU mounted I was going to run some spacers to mount the PA system underneath the ECU still using the aluminum sheet.  Thoughts?   

A wing or a spoiler have been on my mind.  I have an extra trunk laying around I bought just for this purpose.  I would like to do a drag racing wing or a autoX style.

Drag:

32616634-502-RACE-CAR-REAR-WINGS.jpg

mAetrGE6FPJjXgmd_NiE1Fw.jpg

AutoX:

DSC00254.jpg

This but with plexiglass not blacked out.

DSC8992-S.jpg

Decisions, Decisions...