WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Chapter GMW | E30 LS1 (starting on post #1427)

DrLeadFoot

Time for an update.

Dropped off my oil pan and baffle at the welder yesterday. I should get it back in 2 days.

This afternoon I will order new ARP rod bolts. Then track down my Snap-On guy to get a degree torque tool for measuring the 55° after the bolts are torqued to 25 ft/lbs.

I've been pulled away from the car due to a job change. I'm officially a Realtor for Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage! I've been doing rental properties for the past 4 years and now I will continue the rentals as well as adding sales into my routine.

With that being said let me know of anyone looking to buy/sell/rent a property and I can give referrals to other agents, if I couldn't effectively help myself, nationwide. As an incentive I will let anyone drive the e30 if the leads are solid!

I want to go fast, fast!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

The job change is exciting!   congratulations on that and I hope you like it better. 

FYI  when I gave you the ARP customer support line, I actually gave you the AARP customer support line and I would have loved to hear about the strange conversation you would have had about bolt torque specs with a retirement benefit personnel. 

I'll get you next time.

It could a little. I want to definitely get the rear lip/kick up to 2in long (it is about a centimeter now).

For the side piece it will be skinnier at the front and have the rear come to a tighter rounded point towards the top. The top fold will be angled in instead of out as it is in this pic. The bottom fold will be as it is in the pic.

There will be 4 support rods about 8 inches long spaced equally across the back of the trunk. The spoiler is 12in long. The side flaps will hang over the rear fenders a little.

I will get it all powder coated black and leave the stainless steel hardware in its natural state.

It won't be too much adjusting. Just enough to make sure it is straight off the trunk.

Because of my car being on jack stands now would anyone with an E30 want to meet my welder guy, aka Dan EXHAUST MAN?? I need to properly size the spoiler. Cough, Snap, Cough...

Got a call today from Achilles Motorsports and my oil pump isn't OEM BMW so I can't get my core charge back until I send them a BMW unit. Does anyone have an old pump that they want to get rid of?

Is there supposed to be a gasket between the block and the pump? I hope not because that's how it was running. Metal on metal.