WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Chapter GMW | E30 LS1 (starting on post #1427)

DrLeadFoot

Ordered the PLX power cord.  Waiting for I.E. to call me back with a price for the M5X/S5X fuel rail plug and will be ordering that today.

Also got this coming http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500HD149BT/Alpine-CDE-HD149BT.html?tp=5684

Let the Alpine BLAST!

Nice, I like Alpine stuff, my truck has an Alpine CD player from 1995 that still works great.

• 2 weeks later...

Your valve cover is powder coated right?  Is the underside coated as well?  I am getting mine done, and plan on leaving the studs and little screws in and just getting new ones afterwards so that they will keep the coating out of the threads.  Just curious how you did it.

Your valve cover is powder coated right?  Is the underside coated as well?  I am getting mine done, and plan on leaving the studs and little screws in and just getting new ones afterwards so that they will keep the coating out of the threads.  Just curious how you did it.

I ordered it from Renewed Finishes in Cali. Not sure what he did with bolts. The underside is bare metal.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

So jealous - can't wait to see it in person.

I'll give you a ride! My only request is that you're on cop watch like an eagle.

The car is running great! No leaks except for a drop of oil on my cardboard by the power steering pump area. I'll keep an eye on that.

Installed this radio. Bluetooth is working with my Samsung!!! Today was a good day!

anu7e5aj.jpg

a4uvaru6.jpg

Installed new rear shocks. These were shot!

While I was down there I noticed my sway bar bushing slid out of the mount so I reinstalled that. I'll keep an eye on it.

After I was enjoying my new radio I think I blew my brand-new alpine R12. I might need a new amp. Oh the joys of ownership.

Installed new rear shocks. These were shot!

While I was down there I noticed my sway bar bushing slid out of the mount so I reinstalled that. I'll keep an eye on it.

After I was enjoying my new radio I think I blew my brand-new alpine R12. I might need a new amp. Oh the joys of ownership.

Just cause Braun hits a 3 run homer. Doesn't mean you have to crank the stereo!!!

H3gon3

Also. What are you replacing then with? Edit: nvm. I think I see a Billie sports box?

Billies are correct! 

I barely turn up the sub via the receiver controls and this is the third time it has blown.  I smell electrical hotness and h3gon3.  Maybe I need a more powerful sub.  I have a 500watt alpine now. 

Also. What are you replacing then with? Edit: nvm. I think I see a Billie sports box?

Billies are correct! 

I barely turn up the sub via the receiver controls and this is the third time it has blown.  I smell electrical hotness and h3gon3.  Maybe I need a more powerful sub.  I have a 500watt alpine now. 

Pshhh. I have bmw "premium" sound. You know. The kind where the front speakers are quiet and the rears sound like marbles in a can. And if you are on the highway, between the exhaust and weather stripping you can't hear crap anyways.