WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Chapter GMW | E30 LS1 (starting on post #1427)

DrLeadFoot

de9e6u6y.jpg

A very safe and strong 442whp. Not too happy but there is room for improvement and my A/F is consistent across the rpms which was my main goal with this dyno run. It looks like the TRM tune is in the 11-12s and will be safe to crank up the boost. My 1st dyno run I was below 10s due to vacuum leaks so this is a good thing.

I'm at 13psi. What do you guys think I should do to up the boost? Spring by spring and inch my way up or get a boost controller? Taking the wastegate out is a pain in the butt.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

440whp? Yea I would be a bit disappointed. Use a wastegate spring that's the lowest boost you want and use an electric boost controller on top of that for mad boostages. Aren't you running a 40r? Man I'm not that impressed. Turn up the boost and wake it up! You aren't even getting into the good part :)

This thing is a beast and I can't wait to see it in person!

AFRs are nice and smooth, assuming the dyno doesnt have a crazy smoothing factor in place. 

Do you have a compressor map for your turbo? otherwise what are the specs and I will try to find one

I have one a couple of pages back. 

440whp? Yea I would be a bit disappointed. Use a wastegate spring that's the lowest boost you want and use an electric boost controller on top of that for mad boostages. Aren't you running a 40r? Man I'm not that impressed. Turn up the boost and wake it up! You aren't even getting into the good part :) This thing is a beast and I can't wait to see it in person!

I will turn it up for sure.  I might wait until this weather warms up.  There are times that I spin in 5th gear with the cold and salt on the road. 

I'll wrap this day up with a couple of words:

From my last dyno run to today I basically got my sparkplugs right, added a full 3in exhaust, fixed a couple vacuum leaks and added CCV.  I thought the vacuum leaks would hinder HP more than it did or maybe the exhaust is way more restrictive now than it was coming straight out of the hood.  In the end I'm in a good spot with only more to gain.  Now who wants to pull out my wastegate for me??

List of things I need.

-Fuel pressure regulator adapter for a M50.

-PLX Devices power plug for the wideband.

-Bigger I.D. vacuum line for my wastegate and the fittings to go with it.

The vacuum line should raise the boost up but I don't want to do that until I get my wideband working (again). Then I can dial it in with the FPR.

I'm also going to have Kummrow fix my oil leak. Messed my arm up and wrenching probably shouldn't be happening.

List of things I need.

-Fuel pressure regulator adapter for a M50.

-PLX Devices power plug for the wideband.

-Bigger I.D. vacuum line for my wastegate and the fittings to go with it.

The vacuum line should raise the boost up but I don't want to do that until I get my wideband working (again). Then I can dial it in with the FPR.

I'm also going to have Kummrow fix my oil leak. Messed my arm up and wrenching probably shouldn't be happening.

We got ourselves another earl ladies and gents