WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

My name is Earl, and I have a Stainless Steel bolt fetish =)

Earl

Clutch components arrived from CaTuned=) 

CAM01472_zpsybye2za9.jpg

I just need the m20 flywheel shim/washer and I have everything to mate the engine to the trans. 

I also picked up a 2.93 medium case lsd for cheap. I am going to see how it cleans up and decide what  I want to do with it from there. It is CRUSTY haha

CAM01471_zpskd8o3ro2.jpg

CAM01470_zpsnjr1khmu.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
More goodies arrived from Germany 

CAM01477_zps8h4ylctk.jpg

Thanks again to my friend Kitty for all of the help finding and importing items. It is a set of MHW tail lights, a euro console, and alcantara to repair my drivers bolsters. 

The MHW's are in pretty excellent shape. One thing that puzzles me on how to solve is this dead spider stuck between the lenses

CAM01479_zpszrtbzpqt.jpg

He left a crystal sort of reside inside with him too. I think the only way to get him out is to heat the lights and pull off the lenses, but I don't want to risk damaging the lights=/

They look great otherwise=) 

CAM01481_zpsbqk5xyxh.jpg

The console is basically the same as the US console, but does not have the holes in it for the stupid cup holder insert. 

CAM01484_zps8yzbkyf8.jpg

I also finally found a spot where I can bring the car to work on it. My parents offered to let me work on it in their garage so I cleaned that up a little and started reorganizing. I should be able to fit with room to spare around all sides=) 

CAM01482_zpsgv6luggf.jpg

Going to see when I can get the car delivered and then go from there

So the car should be on it's way over any day now. Is there anyone on here that is good with wiring and would like to come one of these weekends and help me tackle some things? This would include extending a harness and simplifying another=) 

A big package arrived yesterday

CAM01493_zpszw4z8tvu.jpg

I have a rear main seal, starter rebuild kit, and all transmission mounting bolts and washers enroute from Gutenparts. I need to apply antiseize and retorque every piece of stainless hardware I have put on the motor since I was unaware of it's reaction in other metals. After I do that and install the rear main seal the engine and trans can go together and I should be able to put them in the car. 

I need to clean out the whole inside and figure out some miscellaneous hardware that is sitting in a cup on the passenger floor board as well.