WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

My name is Earl, and I have a Stainless Steel bolt fetish =)

Earl

• 2 weeks later...
Tackled a few things this weekend. 

My passenger side door handle was hanging up on its frame like my drivers side so I removed it and remedied that. 

I also removed the old Butyl tape from both doors. What a painstaking thing to do...

20150815_123203_zpsvgdcubdl.jpg

20150815_132216_zpsgnjmaqi4.jpg

20150815_122900_zps7pkt0tlu.jpg

I also removed my brake pedal and added the oilite bronze bushings

20150814_121910_zpsy9hgl1nn.jpg

20150814_121914_zps5lnswwu2.jpg

20150814_122616_zps1bqqvttw.jpg

20150814_122919_zpssqek3alu.jpg

The modified brake pedal went in after that as well. 

I went to install the rabbit master cylinder so that I can bend up my front brake lines but I ran into an issue. The rear of the master fouls my firewall when it goes through my booster delete plate. I need to either remove some material from the firewall or source a porsche master that I know fits without any modification. I don't really want to take a dremel to the firewall but I may have to=/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Didn't realize it's been so long without an update. I have been doing little things here and there. Started on extending the wiring harness for the front (headlights, radiator sensors, etc.)

I also started installing all of the new rubber trim/mouldings that I ordered. 

I ended up finding a diff cover without any broken fins and installed that yesterday. I painted it and installed new drain plugs while I was at it. I also got an Ireland Engineering rear diff mount instead of using the Silver Project one in my old cover. 

20150831_055907_zpsmrwlebbd.jpg

20150904_162441_zps0ar4swsc.jpg

20150923_155710_zpsgcvy5pqt.jpg

20150923_164001_zpsjsuokwjw.jpg

I need to get new washers, a speed sensor bracket, and a diff mount bolt because they ended up getting corroded when I prepped my diff with the KBS BLAST for the KBS Rust Seal. 

You can also see the passenger trailing arm paint was damaged when I installed the subframe. I sanded that down and primed it yesterday. I will be painting it again today. 

I properly connected the door brakes and installed new boots/covers now too. 

20150921_161149_zpsvay9cwgk.jpg

20150921_164231_zpsyhzccavs.jpg

I also have some goodies that I have been waiting on coming so progress should pick back up=) 

20150921_163959_zpsqiloti6n.jpg

• 2 months later...
No pictures but I putzed around a little yesterday.

Removed the drivers window for the last time. I cleaned all of the grime off that would normal sit below the window seal inside of the door. I then recleaned the inside of the door and reinstalled the window. After that I scrubbed the upper window seal with soapy water to remove little bits of plastidip that were still stuck to it. I then installed the lower window seal. I only did the drivers side for now as I am still tracking down a passenger window. 

Once that was all together I used a battery to directly power the sunroof motor to get it open. I started cleaning up the tracks and surface for the new sunroof seal. I may remove the cassette to make it easier to recover the fabric shuttle and to thoroughly clean all of the sliders and rails. It depends on how clean I can get it tonight. 

Other than that I have just been ordering little odds and ends that I still needed for the air setup.

With how much shit is in that sunroof, I may just remove the cassette even though I really don't want to=/

In other news, I've been searching for non ///M lips for a few years and still haven't found any for sale. Im getting more impatient lately and really want one lol. Any from BBS, Zender, Hartge, Racing Dynamics, or AC Schnitzer.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Been working on things here and there. 

Brand new quarter glass is in:

I then cleaned and reinstalled the B and C pillar trims, as well as a clean set of rear speaker trays (no pictures). 

I replaced all of the latch strikers as well since they looked a little dingy. New-Left  Old-Right