WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

My name is Earl, and I have a Stainless Steel bolt fetish =)

Earl

There is a nick where someone removed the clock with a small screwdriver. There are small scratches along the bottom side from people with rings using the ashtray. The red portion of the temperature decal also has some discoloration. It works functionally and is in pretty great shape compared to most peoples. I sold it for $15 to another compact guy haha

I installed my new license plate mounting plugs, screws, and washers yesterday. The old ones were left in when the trunk was resprayed. I have a feeling the whole hatch will be resprayed when the car goes back to paint so I will make sure to remove all of the trunk handle inserts and the license plate mounting plugs so they don't just spray over them again. I do need to figure out the correct part number for the license plate screw plastic caps. They're a bit bigger than the interior screw caps. 

I also finally finished a project that I have been working on for 2 years off and on. I set it aside and forgot about it countless times when it made me angry and wasn't turning out great. 

20161221_172344_zpswcccdgbb.jpg

I can post in process pictures that I took along the way if anyone is interested in what I all did.

5 hours ago, Earl said:

I installed my new license plate mounting plugs, screws, and washers yesterday. The old ones were left in when the trunk was resprayed. I have a feeling the whole hatch will be resprayed when the car goes back to paint so I will make sure to remove all of the trunk handle inserts and the license plate mounting plugs so they don't just spray over them again. I do need to figure out the correct part number for the license plate screw plastic caps. They're a bit bigger than the interior screw caps. 

I also finally finished a project that I have been working on for 2 years off and on. I set it aside and forgot about it countless times when it made me angry and wasn't turning out great. 

I can post in process pictures that I took along the way if anyone is interested in what I all did.

Nice Plasti-dip job @Earl it looks great!

14 hours ago, Earl said:

That's the shaved trunk release panel right?