WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

My name is Earl, and I have a Stainless Steel bolt fetish =)

Earl

Media blasted the shifter carrier

CAM01349-1_zpsvb5lzw2d.jpg

CAM01350-1_zps97civbkl.jpg

It was a pain trying to get the rouge out of the inset spots so I decided to clean it up the easiest way I could=) 

My orders from Garagistic and Ireland Engineering also arrived

CAM01351_zpsszhdkzgv.jpg

CAM01353-1_zpslqxktlmx.jpg

I am currently ordering all of my clutch components and have a dssr on the way as well=) 

DSSR arrived and is the perfect length. Glad that the e30 m3 lever ended up being the only one that was even close

CAM01355_zps5y6hzcjh.jpg

CAM01356_zpsi62hdf4q.jpg

Currently modifying my z3 lever to fit. BMW revised the bushing at the bottom of the lever to eliminate the need for the yellow washers. Unfortunately that makes it too wide to fit in the DSSR.

I was at it for an hour and still didn't remove enough material. Today will be round two=)

Edit: How tight should the fitment be? I know there should be no play but how hard should it be to move the dssr on the shift lever? Right now I can fit it by hand pressing hard and it takes a little force to move 

My flywheel got finished up yesterday=) 

IMG_4190_zpsokkduzbx.jpg

IMG_7840_zpsreiadsg8.jpg

IMG_2417_zpslofg09ue.jpg

My clutch kit should be on it's way here shortly and I am picking up a transmission on Saturday. Once I get the trans, I will be cleaning it up and replacing the shifter detent springs, input/output shaft seals, selector shaft seal, and the selector rod joint. 

Picked up another getrag 250 Saturday to replace the one that was in the car. I had some first gear issues and figured I should really replace it while I am doing everything else. 

CAM01367_zps4bfxclch.jpg

The trans mounts that were on it were some of the worst I have seen=P It looks like they were separated and the trans was just resting on them...

CAM01368_zpslxqckewp.jpg

Anyone ever see a selector rod joint like this? I have a feeling it is some cheap off brand replacement. Good thing I am replacing it anyways=) 

CAM01369_zpspvlczglw.jpg

CAM01371_zps8eeabpym.jpg

Here is a comparison of the clutch fork pivot pins. The middle is the one from my car and the one on the right is from the "new" trans. 

CAM01384_zpsvq0d8vmu.jpg

I also cleaned up the clutch fork, media blasted it, and have it ready for powder coating. The wear was pretty minimal.

CAM01378_zps6mgjuasd.jpg

CAM01379_zpsda0ndzdd.jpg

CAM01380_zpswt46irbm.jpg

CAM01381_zpssmykzhk1.jpg

I started cleaning up the trans a little yesterday. Still not near as clean as I want but it's better. 

CAM01386_zpsjpuupj5r.jpg

CAM01387_zpsd7zx6tdo.jpg

CAM01390_zpspvtqvpir.jpg

Hoping to finish cleaning it this week so that I can pull the old seals. Ordering the new seals, detent springs, selector rod joint, bitch clip, and clutch fork retaining spring as well.