WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

My name is Earl, and I have a Stainless Steel bolt fetish =)

Earl

I would think it should be fine, there is always a higher pressure in the radiator than in the suction line when the engine is running which causes flow in the proper direction, out of the highest point on the radiator to the tank then out of the bottom of the tank to the pump suction.  The e30 bottle has a tube that goes to the bottom of the tank on the small line from the radiator, this is probably to prevent air from returning up the line when the engine is shut off, you can open the cap and watch the bubbles come out of it when you first fill an m20 and run it.  This might be a feature to look for in an expansion tank, or both lines coming into the bottom area of the tank would have the same effect.

Edit:  I hope I am not sounding like I am raining on your parade, I am only trying to help.  Although I am not going to be "stanced" we are doing a lot of similar things with our builds and I enjoy having someone to work through the details with.

^I totally understand=) You're being very helpful. I also enjoy having someone to work through the details with. Two heads are better than one=) 

Came home from a great vacation this past weekend and this picture was texted to me

IMG_3605_zpsvtpcrw20.jpg

Everything is sprayed besides the bay. Once they spray that they just need to wet sand and buff, as well as rehanging the doors, hatch, and hood. They also need to install the new rubber trims around the exterior (sun roof, rear window, etc)

This package was also at the door for me

CAM01235_zps72onl2oh.jpg

With that I will need to source a 19mm master from a Porsche 944 turbo or an e21.

I am also trying to figure out what brake fluid reservoirs to run and really like these but need to dig more to see what they are from

brake-master-cylinders-2.jpg

Other than that my z3 rack should be arriving today as long as I am home when the FedEx truck arrives=) I need to order new banjo bolts for mounting my power steering delete. Does anyone know a good place to get them from? 

That looks awesome!  I like the dual reservoir setup, there would have to be a third one for the clutch but I have seen people use a firewall mounted clutch reservoir, any would work but I seem to recall people using one from a newer GTO.  For the Massive delete kit is there only one kit and it fits e30,36,46 etc?

This kit fits e36's and e46's I believe. There is a separate kit for the e30 and that is what Collin bought. 

Do you have any pictures of the GTO reservoir? I was actually just going to add a nipple/barb fitting to the rear most reservoir to feed the clutch master. 

Thanks Pat=)

John, I will have a look under there once I get the car back.I would love to hide it under the dash but should have figured this out before going to paint so the hole in the firewall would be shaved.

Two issues at the moment.

1) The radiator from Pat developed more leaks once they pressure tested it and they cannot repair them

2) I received a different steering rack than I ordered and am trying to resolve the issue

• 3 weeks later...

^ha, someone was having fun in the reflection! Your bay looks so darn good. Prepare for me to question everything that was done! Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you. I almost always have my phone in hand so feel free to text me anytime

Looks awesome Earl!

Thanks Nick. I cannot wait to get it back. 

:D

:rolleyes: