WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

My name is Earl, and I have a Stainless Steel bolt fetish =)

Earl

I really like the AC Schnitzer hatch spoiler but it is too large for Kitty to ship to me=/ The one I ordered is much smaller but it should fit in with the rest of the car once it is color matched. We will see once it gets here=)

I also got my second to last box of interior from Germany yesterday 

CAM01108_zpsqkjmrdqe.jpg

I am now just waiting for the door cards to come=)

• 2 weeks later...
Nothing too new here. 

I just finished moving everything out of the current shop in preparation to move into the next spot once my car comes back. Right now everything is stuffed in my basement storage unit for my apartment=P 

Other than that my door cards arrived yesterday and I have been fiddling with the front seats. I got the passenger side disassembled, cleaned up, and reassembled with the Looping II pieces. I just need to get the plastic seat base pins and to remove the surface rust and repaint by the bolt holes on the rails. I am taking the drivers seat parts to an upholstery shop to see how much they will charge to replace the fabric on the outer bolsters since it is wore. 

My upper hatch spoiler has also arrived. I am waiting to hear word from the bodyshop so that I can go and test fit it. As far as I have heard, they haven't started on the car yet because they are trying to get their current work out of the way. I was told they were supposed to start at the end of last week but I am hoping it gets in at the end of this week or sometime next week. 

Currently awaiting a material sample to arrive at the upholstery shop to see if they can repair the bolster wear on my drivers seat pieces. That should be in today or tomorrow. 

Other than that my lightened m20 flywheel showed up Saturday and should be going off to the machine shop shortly. I will be having it blasted, resurfaced, and swapping out the starter ring=) 

CAM01142_zpspjkvm3kr.jpg

Not bad for $25=D

Stopped by after work to go over what all needs to be shaved and what I am looking for in the bay so they can get it just like I envision it. I also dropped off the other pair of rollers so that they can get me the Breytons back once they do the rear quarter work. 

It was awesome seeing the car up on a lift=) The doors are all smoothed out and ready for paint. I couldn't believe they were mine since they were so smooth. My drivers side wasn't bad at all but the passenger side had a series of ripples by the bodyline behind the mirror. 

I also peeked at a few of the other cars they are working on and the quality of their work is excellent. I am so happy I went with them for the work.

They will be starting the bay next week so I will hopefully be throwing in some pictures as this progresses. 

• 2 weeks later...