WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

On 10/12/2016 at 1:30 PM, tsweers89 said:

E30 owners have lost their minds!

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/5824531422.html

seller lost me at: 

"

THIS CAR DRIVES GREAT, IT NEEDS NOTHING, NOT A SINGLE THING.

ONLY ISSUE IS THE TEMP GAUGE DOESN'T WORK.

"

Stupid shitfucks. Like, I know you think capslock is cruise-control for "cool" but pipe down a second and actually think about what the fuck you're typing. 

35 minutes ago, i_love_cars said:

Stupid shitfucks. Like, I know you think capslock is cruise-control for "cool" but pipe down a second and actually think about what the fuck you're typing. 

You are going to love this one from today.

I saw this Craigslist ad: https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/pts/5823594398.html

From the ad, please read: " all interior is 9/10 except drivers seat has a blown out seam"

I text him wondering 2dr/4dr, material, etc... He response is leather, coupe, sport seats.  Now I'm all excited and ask for a couple pictures.

then i get this:

jlAIFjmt.jpg

ZCDoj8Lt.jpg

JhWe5r5t.jpg

i wonder what 1/10 looks like for him.

You are going to love this one from today.

I saw this Craigslist ad: https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/pts/5823594398.html

From the ad, please read: " all interior is 9/10 except drivers seat has a blown out seam"

I text him wondering 2dr/4dr, material, etc... He response is leather, coupe, sport seats.  Now I'm all excited and ask for a couple pictures.

then i get this:

jlAIFjmt.jpg

ZCDoj8Lt.jpg

JhWe5r5t.jpg

i wonder what 1/10 looks like for him.

Those are technically exterior parts since they are not shown inside the car

Semantic loopholes

10 hours ago, wasnt m3 said:

I did some quick math in my head and i'm not coming up with $16k.  I'm also pretty sure that Dinan never had a turbo upgrade for the e60.  High flow injectors/high flow fuel lines?  What in the ever loving fuck is going on in this guys head?  

I love this part " I will not respond if you offer anything below 10k Im not wasting your time".  So what I gather from this is he's asking $18,500 but will actually sell somewhere around $10.  

On a side note, in the last picture he's parked near a Best Western off of 94 in Black River Falls.  I drive past that Moose every time I head up to Rice Lake or Eau Claire.

15 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

I did some quick math in my head and i'm not coming up with $16k.  I'm also pretty sure that Dinan never had a turbo upgrade for the e60.  High flow injectors/high flow fuel lines?  What in the ever loving fuck is going on in this guys head?  

I love this part " I will not respond if you offer anything below 10k Im not wasting your time".  So what I gather from this is he's asking $18,500 but will actually sell somewhere around $10.  

On a side note, in the last picture he's parked near a Best Western off of 94 in Black River Falls.  I drive past that Moose every time I head up to Rice Lake or Eau Claire.

But it's an automatic so that is why it has so much power, this reminds me of buying a car once the guy said he had been offered 500 dollars a bunch of times and wanted more.... I offered him 500 and he took it.:confused:

6 hours ago, Daggerty said:

But it's an automatic so that is why it has so much power, this reminds me of buying a car once the guy said he had been offered 500 dollars a bunch of times and wanted more.... I offered him 500 and he took it.:confused:

What's more surprising is he's claiming to get this power out of the xi, which to my knowledge won't take much more than 450-500 whp let alone 800whp!  I want to contact him just to call him on his bullshit at this point.

22 minutes ago, patsbimmer1 said:

What's more surprising is he's claiming to get this power out of the xi, which to my knowledge won't take much more than 450-500 whp let alone 800whp!  I want to contact him just to call him on his bullshit at this point.

I was surprised what an xi can handle.  Chris Welter's 335 was in the 700 range and never broke anything.  That is fun to surprise people with on the street...

3 minutes ago, suspenceful said:

Been for sale for awhile now. Started out at like $1500-$2k and has gone down all that way. Texted the guy (who is quite funny by the way) and it does not start and he isn't gonna bother seeing why. Told me that if he has to pop the hood (hood doesnt open currently) that "the price will go waaaay up. BAM"