WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

38 minutes ago, 240sxguy said:

Thanks for posting this up Chris. If anyone has any questions, ask. 

There's a reason for that, if you take care of them they never degrade to shitbox status. I can't say my E55 AMG was a clear upgrade honestly. 

What's your thoughts on a e55 amg? Have been eyeing them up lately. Problems? Rust issues? Etc.

Thanks for posting this up Chris. If anyone has any questions, ask. 

I don't think I've ever seen a 540 that doesn't have a shit ton of miles on it

There's a reason for that, if you take care of them they never degrade to shitbox status. I can't say my E55 AMG was a clear upgrade honestly. 

Wasn't a jab at you or anything. I just can't remember seeing one with less than 130k. GLWS.

335i?, automatic, one picture, no description, MAKE AN OFFER. i also get the feeling the picture used is not of the actual car.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/5846523495.html

I mean, take more than one minute to write and ad and maybe you could sell your car....

edit: yup, they took the photo from a jalopnik post: http://jalopnik.com/how-about-a-1989-bmw-325i-daily-driver-for-3-500-1708971102

7 hours ago, Boris3 said:

Same 91 red 318is now in Chicago and up for quick flip at higher price? Old post is gone and the mileage is the same.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/5852656282.html

unless those photos are of a different car, then no. The one in Tosa had clear fog lights next to the brake ducts, and the rear passenger bumper shroud was crumpled in and rusted. I still have the pics that the seller privately emailed to me. 

Just a good time to be looking for a brilliantrot 91 318is  I guess ;) 

41 minutes ago, m42b32 said:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/5853658099.html

Really nice e34 540i/6, is this price crazy or are they really worth that much?

If it's a true M sport which it appears to be then there were something like 200 of these made.  I can't remember the exact number but it's really rare to find one, especially in such great shape.  So yes, this price is about what people are asking but i'm not sure what they're actually selling for.

Yeah Msport. Pointless car, really.

It was a final sendoff of the e34 chassis. Its basically an m5 with the m60 instead of the s38.  A lot of extra weight, a lot of extra complexity, and you don't get the s38.

A regular 540i/6 with suspension upgraded and m5 front/rear bumpers is a much better value, as it is 99% the performance and looks.

Dan beat me to it ^ but,

This isn't your ordinary 540i/6 this one is a 540i sport  (m-sport CAN) 1 of ~225 specials made to appease the us market since we didn't get M5. these were fitted with all the suspension and EDC gear of the Euro M5 but with a M60 V8 instead of the S38, and due to liability concerns US cars got 1pc rotors while the CAN cars got the M5 floating rotors .  These are getting rare in this condition and mileage, but it still was no M5.  The EDC systems are NLA so many have been converted to standard shocks, removing the main difference of the model, leaving just another 540i/6 with some nice M5 parts.  

These are the Rodney Dangerfield of the E34 world.  They are shunned by the M5 crowd since it's missing the S38, and collectably they are just another E34.

This one looks in nice shape, but unless it's completely original it's not worth the price he's asking. That's Enthusiast Auto Pricing.

With the mileage it has it's probably due for whole E34 refresh.

RobZR