WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

28 minutes ago, straight6pwr said:

Thats actually a pretty fair price.  If we were in the market for a $1.6m car...

13 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

These are insane. Got a chance to cross this one of the bucket list a bunch of years back.
At one of the SCCA autocross events held at the Waukesha Expo a bunch of years back.
A guy from the Horse Auction next door stopped by asking what All the Car noise was about
We chatted about the MDA charity event we were running for a few and he left.
Not half hour later Jim (Fuchs) comes back with his F40 and proceeded to thrash it around the course with us peasants.
Seeing a $1M car flying around that lot made me cringe. It was like a bull in a china shop. unbelievable!
Before the day was out he was offering ride along fun runs for $20/ride for charity, till the tires ran out.
About a dozen of us got a ride. Best money ever spent.

1 minute ago, RobZR said:

These are insane. Got a chance to cross this one of the bucket list a bunch of years back.
At one of the SCCA autocross events held at the Waukesha Expo a bunch of years back.
A guy from the Horse Auction next door stopped by asking what All the Car noise was about
Not half hour later Jim (Fuchs) comes back with his F40 and proceeded to thrash it around the course with us peasants.
Seeing a $1M car flying around that lot made me cringe. It was like a bull in a china shop. unbelievable!
Before the day was out he was offering ride along fun runs for $20/ride for charity, till the tires ran out.

Jim is a great guy!  I used to see him down on hwy 100 sitting at Oscars.  He's a true ambassador for the hobby!

1 hour ago, RobZR said:

i would donate many many times that to charity for a ride along. very cool!

On October 7, 2016 at 7:53 AM, Earl said:

I would say was because that one on ebay is Walt haha. No way two different sepia brown e21's both just drove to Minneapolis and back lol

Seems like someone may have bought it from Tom thinking they could sell it for a bit more...not sure if that will work out haha

Yep, we sold it to Evolve Motors in Chicago. They posted it for sale less than a week later for more than twice what they paid us. :lol:

1 hour ago, Earl said:

Could be.  Pending an inspection and more detailed info on options.  The euro model didn't differ much from the US spec so that doesn't really add value.  It added a few extra hp but I think it was due to the lack of emissions equipment.  $120k-$160k is about average right now unless it's a slant nose in which case you would see quite a premium.