WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

I would in a heartbeat, but I have to look at the big picture. It has been a race car from the factory (aka no title) which means I would need to buy a trailer and a truck to haul the trailer whenever I would want to take it to the track. Otherwise it will just sit in storage forever and never be used. Reality sucks!

Just put your plates on it from your e21. Swap vin tags over. Boom. Done.

Don't listen to me

Lots of dudes "plate" supermoto this way

Xr650r vin tags onto a crf

1 hour ago, Snap said:

6cyl ti must be awesome on track. The liveliness of an e30 rear susp. with the great engine placement of the e36 front end

John Morgan's s52 swapped ti would be, and probably is, a track beast....I seriously considered that one for a bit after taking it for a drive at the e30 picnic. Managed to resist the temptation. Sorry John!

This guy's m50 swap is a junior version. Would possibly get you into less trouble on the street, though. That said, in addition to the one track video in the FS listing (where he's running Gingerman in what looks the reverse direction...must have been a fascinating track day), there's a video floating around I found of the seller hooning about in an industrial parking lot.