WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

3 minutes ago, straight6pwr said:

m3 brakes/suspension/diff not worth anything? interior if its still nice? not familiar with the e36 scene but I assume people want the m3 stuff.

Well the front suspension might be ok it just looks like a tie rod snapped.

I mean the camber in the rear has to be completely custom so that would be worth something lmao

Depending how the interior is I might do it.

It's "royalrot" similar to Calypso, a semi-rare color on an E38 especially a Sport.  I was 2 min. 2 late on this one when it was up for $5200 by the original owner near Rockford.

it's a nice example not 12K nice ,7-8K maybe.

The 6-speed is a drop-in with e39 parts, a custom driveshaft and some e39/e38 custom coding magic and you're all set.

RobZR

3 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

find the best e36 m3 in the entire world and i still don't think it should be worth anywhere near that price. 

the interior is gorgeous and the engine is one of the best ever made, but, with all due respect to e36 owners, its still an e36.

Ricky-Bobby.jpg

e30 m3s are overpriced too.

22 minutes ago, straight6pwr said:

find the best e36 m3 in the entire world and i still don't think it should be worth anywhere near that price. 

the interior is gorgeous and the engine is one of the best ever made, but, with all due respect to e36 owners, its still an e36.

Ricky-Bobby.jpg

e30 m3s are overpriced too.

Well since you said with all due respect, and i'm sure you meant... with aaaallllll due respect, I kind of agree.  That car shouldn't be listed for $65k but it's pretty much a fucking unicorn.  An individual e36 with an s50b32 that was BUILT for North America.  I understand the hatred for the e36.  It was in a weird transition period for BMW where they were coming off of the hit that was the more spartan e30 and attempting to refine the 3 series while innovating their design/development process.  This car was also the precursor to the e46 which was more comfortable, more reliable and brought back a bespoke M3 to America.  It's the middle child that won't ever be as great as the first born and didn't get as much attention as the youngest.

Prices have surged on e36 M3's and it's not hard to find someone in the U.S. looking for $20k+ which I agree, is absurd.  But I think most people who spend any amount of time driving an e36 (m or non-m) fall in love with them.  They're never the fastest but they handle like they're on rails and are very forgiving when you do make a mistake.  The interior is comfortable when they're not rattling.