WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official Sighting Thread

alexw

4 hours ago, GB-335xiCoupe said:

Somehow reminds me of the old Scirocco 

VW_Scirocco_1973.jpg

Maybe... both seem to be a sporty-yet-practical adaptation of the companies main-stay. However, the Scirocco was a step up from the Golf in terms of price and prestige, whereas the compact was a step down from the coupe/sedan.

I've never driven a Scirocco, but it's wrong-wheel-drive, so for me the BMW wins by default. Especially because it's fall and this is Wisconsin.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Rekpoint said:

Wisconsin "Choose Life" plates

I think it would be cool to get some BMW CCA plates for WI. 

We would need $15,500 with 500 physical signatures. 

With 500 people using them. 

Other states have them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's only $31 a person if you could get 500, but I bet it would be really tough to get 500 people interested

Badger Bimmers has a membership list around 900 I think. Might be worth reaching out to see if there would be any interest in them floating the idea. Unlikely that there would be enough folks interested but you never know what people are willing to spend their money on be it vanity plates, appearance, go fast bits, and/or maintenance.

3 hours ago, Rekpoint said:

I should probably start by getting a CCA membership myself LOL

I joined this year, mostly because I thought getting a car-related periodical in the mail would be novel. My initial impression is that the clubs target audience tends to yuppies as opposed to hipsters like myself.

16132088.jpg

12 minutes ago, HipMF said:

I joined this year, mostly because I thought getting a car-related periodical in the mail would be novel. My initial impression is that the clubs target audience tends to yuppies as opposed to hipsters like myself.

16132088.jpg

They probably dont want any yungins like myself in their club either LOL 

The club magazine tries at times to be all things but does skew older with $$$$ = the demographic more likely to buy/lease a new BMW and that is more BMW "lifestyle" oriented. The bmwcca race coverage pages are a nod to another focus and a holdover from an earlier time. 

Occasionally there are aspects of the magazine that I find interesting typically the historical stuff and some of the columns (Farnsworth, Siegel, Jenny Morgan when she was still in, Mike Miller).  I'm in the club to support the Badger Bimmer track events that got me started and because of the people I've met over the years. 

As for car-related periodicals I find Grassroots Motorsports more to my liking. Coverage comes closer  to things I'm more likely to do to a car or things I'd purchase. Plus they always have cheap subscription deals that come with  tshirts and other swag. 

14 hours ago, Boris3 said:

The club magazine tries at times to be all things but does skew older with $$$$ = the demographic more likely to buy/lease a new BMW and that is more BMW "lifestyle" oriented. The bmwcca race coverage pages are a nod to another focus and a holdover from an earlier time. 

Occasionally there are aspects of the magazine that I find interesting typically the historical stuff and some of the columns (Farnsworth, Siegel, Jenny Morgan when she was still in, Mike Miller).  I'm in the club to support the Badger Bimmer track events that got me started and because of the people I've met over the years. 

As for car-related periodicals I find Grassroots Motorsports more to my liking. Coverage comes closer  to things I'm more likely to do to a car or things I'd purchase. Plus they always have cheap subscription deals that come with  tshirts and other swag. 

Grassroots is a great one!  I don't have a BMWCCA membership anymore because I never attended the events.  I really enjoyed the magazine but it got to a point where I just stopped reading them once I had my son.  I still have some in the wrapper!  I'd agree that it does skew towards the people who financially support BMW by purchasing/leasing new but I wouldn't say it's any worse than Motortrend, Car and Driver, etc. The classic coverage is good and racing coverage is nice because they will cover BMW Motorsport from a global perspective.  All in all I looked at it as an expensive magazine subscription.