WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

"My wife's problem is that she is wagon averse.  She absolutely hates them, can't stand the sight of a wagon.  Wait until she see's how practical this thing is!"

the word "wagon" conjures up this in her mind

family truckster .jpg

and nothing you say will change it. 

I know I've been trying to clear that image from my wife's mind for a decade. hasn't worked. 

only got as far as "we can get one as long as I don't have to drive it"  in 10 years.

My girlfriend (not wife, also an important factor) has a similar opinion on wagons, the way I was able to sell the idea was to only drive 'crappy old cars' that are lowered and loud, have no AC, and are generally impractical and terrible for long road trips. That way, any newer car (aka a wagon) looked like a massive improvement

5 hours ago, Jdesign said:

Also sorry, not sorry if you are, or know someone that owns one.

I can appreciate an suv that's actually an suv but these little shit cuv's are fucking terrible!  It's people who want the image of owning an suv with less actual utility.  And the one you posted is one of the worst!  It's a fucking Daewoo rebranded to fool idiots into spending money on shit.

10 hours ago, SteelBlue said:

Does BMW make an M wagon? Mercedes makes one. I would love an AMG wagon.

E34 and E60 M5 tourings were a thing in Europe but not sure why they didn't continue competing for E63 AMG wagons. They littlerally have made a competitor for every other Mercedes model at this point. 

On 8/24/2018 at 8:50 PM, patsbimmer1 said:

I can appreciate an suv that's actually an suv but these little shit cuv's are fucking terrible!  It's people who want the image of owning an suv with less actual utility.  And the one you posted is one of the worst!  It's a fucking Daewoo rebranded to fool idiots into spending money on shit.

Image result for mahk chevy gif

Just now, GB-335xiCoupe said:

Yup. Lasted strong for about 20 minutes and now just a calm rain with rumbling thunder all around. Pretty cool! And much needed rain...

I was outside getting the patio furniture and everything put away when it started coming down. Pretty good rain for a bit but has since calmed. Looking at the radar, it looks like we might be getting something a little more serious in the middle of the night.

• 2 weeks later...