WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

On 8/12/2018 at 2:41 PM, HipMF said:

Symco 2018

Met up with some people I know from the Waupaca area. Definitely did not drink too much. Also did not wake up wondering where all of my personal belongings were, or why there was a picture of a man's buttocks on my camera.

More pictures here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/yahaXj6PU8FbXGNZ6

Awesome Pix thanks for sharing!! I wanted to go to Symco but I finally got my boat water worthy this weekend and skipped it. It looks like I missed out on some really nice metal!

3 hours ago, Jdesign said:

Awesome Pix thanks for sharing!! I wanted to go to Symco but I finally got my boat water worthy this weekend and skipped it. It looks like I missed out on some really nice metal!

The nice thing is that the quality of cars there was really high overall. They must have more criteria than just the 1964 cutoff because I didn't really see any junk there. Was expecting more half-ass, muscle-car-guy-who-doesn't-know-anything-about-rods-and-customs-built-a-rat-rod BS. Come to think of it, there wasn't really any 90s street-rod looking stuff either...

57 minutes ago, GunMetalGrey said:

Damn dude! Those pictures look lovely!
Are you still not doing any post processing?

I adjusted the brightness on a few and did some cropping. I felt like I could have done better, but there were a lot people there. It was hard enough just to get a shot that didn't have some slack-jawwed gawker in it, let alone something that was technically sound. I guess I should be happy with what I got though. There are a few good ones in there.

On 8/15/2018 at 2:35 PM, Ryan... said:

In a moment of weakness I listed the E30 for sale after receiving some news from my 2nd employer that made me consider quitting. I went downstairs, spent about 15 seconds looking at it, then pulled the ad off Craigslist.

Probably going to push back my modifications plan, but I can't bear to part with it.

Aw man! I was going to put a bid in!

On 8/14/2018 at 4:38 PM, Ryan... said:

Do we know anyone here on the forum that enjoys removing e30 engines for a drastic overhaul, cleaning, and/or potential rebuild/stroker job?

I'm not the most mechanically capable guy ever, and I don't have the space, tools, or confidence to do something like this myself..

I feel like this is my calling
I mean, I have been called a competent shop before...

Will require snakes on my neck during timing belt work tho

7 hours ago, GB-335xiCoupe said:

From what I've read and seen, these are excellent cars! Hope you got a good price.

I paid $3600 for it!  The lady had a bunch of maintenance done recently and had it detailed for me before showing it.  She's owned it for 12 years and I talked to the mechanic who worked on it at The Family Mechanic and he vouched for the vehicle.  I feel pretty good about it and my wofe hates it.  She said "I thought the xc70 was a short suv.... not a WAGON!"

7 minutes ago, patsbimmer1 said:

I paid $3600 for it!  The lady had a bunch of maintenance done recently and had it detailed for me before showing it.  She's owned it for 12 years and I talked to the mechanic who worked on it at The Family Mechanic and he vouched for the vehicle.  I feel pretty good about it and my wofe hates it.  She said "I thought the xc70 was a short suv.... not a WAGON!"

It's a lifted wagon, same as all the other P2 cars just higher.  My wife's complaint about ours is poor visibility over your left shoulder because of the B pillar and head rest.  The price you pay for safety I guess.  Is that your wife's issue?

If the front sub frame bushings are loose get the Kaplhenke delrin ones.  They really make the car feel a lot better.  And as long as your engine mounts are stock and in good condition it does not affect NVH.

30 minutes ago, jc43089 said:

It's a lifted wagon, same as all the other P2 cars just higher.  My wife's complaint about ours is poor visibility over your left shoulder because of the B pillar and head rest.  The price you pay for safety I guess.  Is that your wife's issue?

If the front sub frame bushings are loose get the Kaplhenke delrin ones.  They really make the car feel a lot better.  And as long as your engine mounts are stock and in good condition it does not affect NVH.

My wife's problem is that she is wagon averse.  She absolutely hates them, can't stand the sight of a wagon.  Wait until she see's how practical this thing is!