WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

Applied for a position in sales at our company acouple weeks ago and was immediately told I wasnt eligible because I didn't meet the BA degree requirement.  Kept after the hiring manager - and discussed my background.  He agreed to an "exploratory interview" yesterday afternoon with a group from Sales.

By 10am this morning they had a new position created and posted with HR (less the BA requirement) and I had an email from HR stated they needed me to apply right away.  By noon my manager had an email from HR saying Sales will be making me an offer shortly.

Not a bad hump day.

4 minutes ago, ClassE said:

Applied for a position in sales at our company acouple weeks ago and was immediately told I wasnt eligible because I didn't meet the BA degree requirement.  Kept after the hiring manager - and discussed my background.  He agreed to an "exploratory interview" yesterday afternoon with a group from Sales.

By 10am this morning they had a new position created and posted with HR (less the BA requirement) and I had an email from HR stated they needed me to apply right away.  By noon my manager had an email from HR saying Sales will be making me an offer shortly.

Not a bad hump day.

Congrats dude. I've heard that for the right candidate, corporate will often drop the degree requirements. Happened to both my aunt and my mom, neither with a college degree.

6 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

do you think you'll really gain any time with poly bushings for occasional autocross hoonage? rubber, motherflubber (or the softest poly possible)

Not for gaining times but ease of install and lifetime warranty. I've driven a E46 M3 with solid trans mounts and that would be absurd for daily duties but everybody claims 80A is oem equivalent basically. If 95A isn't that much more harsh and they cost the same that's why I ask.

Congrats Colin on the new gig! 

1 hour ago, Snap said:

Alpine Vision, should be available later this year as an alternative to the Alfa 4C and Cayman, mid engined turbo 4.

Renders courtesy of Gran Turismo 6, good wallpaper material 

Alpine-Vision-10-1600x900.jpeg

that is a sexy little car. porsche meets audi styling

41 minutes ago, ClassE said:

I'm going to have to turn down the offer from Sales.

The parking lot is not low car approved.

use the raise for air ride. psssssssssss. or borrow ben's skyjacker e30.

The only question will be how is this sold in the U.S.?  I can't imagine Renault will open dealers for one car.  They already partner with Nissan so is this going to be rebadged?

3 hours ago, Snap said:

Alpine Vision, should be available later this year as an alternative to the Alfa 4C and Cayman, mid engined turbo 4.

Renders courtesy of Gran Turismo 6, good wallpaper material 

Alpine-Vision-05-1600x900.jpeg

Alpine-Vision-11-1600x900.jpeg

Alpine-Vision-03-1600x900.jpeg

Alpine-Vision-04-1600x900.jpeg

Alpine-Vision-02-1600x900.jpeg

Alpine-Vision-10-1600x900.jpeg

ALpine-Vision-16-1600x900.jpeg

7 minutes ago, patsbimmer1 said:

The only question will be how is this sold in the U.S.?  I can't imagine Renault will open dealers for one car.  They already partner with Nissan so is this going to be rebadged?

This. I can't imagine that Alfa Romeo will even do well enough to keep their dealers open for more than 2 years. I don't see why any dealer group pay millions to open a new store that will sell 2 models, one of which being a relatively expensive limited production sports car.

I hate FB groups.

"Should I twin-turbo my E30?"..... You can't/won't because you're a broke ass kid and likely have a clapped out POS.

"I'm gonna make purists shit their pants with my 5.0 swapped e30!1!1!".... No one - especially "purists" gave two shits about your 4 door piece of shit to start with.... With or without the 5.0 swap.

Damnit I'm bitter today...  

1 hour ago, ClassE said:

I hate FB groups.

"Should I twin-turbo my E30?"..... You can't/won't because you're a broke ass kid and likely have a clapped out POS.

"I'm gonna make purists shit their pants with my 5.0 swapped e30!1!1!".... No one - especially "purists" gave two shits about your 4 door piece of shit to start with.... With or without the 5.0 swap.

Damnit I'm bitter today...  

That thread made my head hurt.

couplefew.

EFI cars seem to get confused if they stumble and don't start, so maybe that's the issue. I had the engine lose power and almost die once while I was leaving for work, but then it came back suddenly. I was thinking it was an icy fuel line (it was real cold...), but now I'm leaning towards fuel pump...? We shall see... At least I have a back-up vehicle for the time being.

Time being... Time.. being...

English...

My e36 dislikes being started and run for a very short time, like less than a minute. The next startup after that is rough. Not sure what causes that but it's a fresh tight engine with less than 50k on it. Did you run yours a very short time the previous run cycle?

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

On a cold start you will have the following fuel added on top of what is required to idle the engine:

Priming pulse

Cold start enrichment

After start enrichment

WOT during cranking will stop firing the injectors to allow a flooded engine to clear. 

One set of injectors I had would leak to the point where I would get a bit of a hard-start after it sat overnight. It was a very slight and subtle leak but it was even more fuel added to the list above

So FedEx put me on part time so I ended up finding a new job. I'm going be driving the PlayStation tour truck from April till end of October across the country to music festivals, air shows, comicon, etc. Should be a fun summer but bummed I'm gonna miss the whole car show season.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/campaigns/road-to-greatness/

That's the schedule with last years dates still thought, hopefully some of you will stop by at summerfest!