WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

4 minutes ago, jc43089 said:

I got a beer ingredient kit. First time making beer, I've made wine before but not beer. It looks pretty straight forward, any tips from other home brewers? It's for an imperial but Brown.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

I've never made it but I have helped a buddy a few times and from what I gather cleanliness is of the utmost importance.  He's turned out some pretty good stuff to, not just drinkable but actually enjoyable!

Yep, it's not hard to find people who are willing to try your beer. My Mr. Beer stuff turned out okay, but it has a strange taste in it. I think it's from the sanitizer, but I'm not sure. My first "real" batch will be going into bottles very soon, and I've got high expectations for it.

Regardless, as pointed out, sanitation is very important. It's one thing that can completely ruin the whole batch, so the risk-to-rewards ratio of taking shortcuts in that area isn't very favorable.

The only other tip I have so far is to walk through the whole process step-by-step ahead of time to make sure you've got a good idea what you're doing and to make sure you have all of the equipment that you'll need on hand. If you've made wine before you should have a pretty good grasp of the process already.

Have fun!

31 minutes ago, Earl said:

So was Ben studded or was the e34 really faster than his snow munching machine? 

The tires are great in snow, but are not quite as good as true snow tires on ice. 
The welded diff makes it extremely interesting when letting off the gas at all. Immediate "oversteer". 
Rally-X will be interesting in it, that's for sure!