WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

5 hours ago, REKIII said:

Went to Nue's yesterday to check out the impacts.  The bosch and Makita offerings for Impact are no where near the torque ratings for comparable Milwaukee units.  I didn't even look at dewalts.  Pretty much sucks.  I'll either be sticking with air or looking to see what else is out there. 

Just buy the damn thing and be happy lol.
You are resisting this way to hard for a "crappy drill" six years ago. 
You sound like most peoples wife's ;) 

Meh, I'll just keep looking.

My milwaukee hatred goes a little further, and it is really similar to my Apple hatred....it stems from the people who have them.  All I was told for years was how unbelievably awesome the Milwaukee tools were.  Back before the super sawzall came out, a plumber was going on and on how awesome his milwaukee sawzall was  He even demonstrated how quick he could cut out the boot holes I was going to cut in.  I grabbed my portercable and cut out 2.5 in the time he cut out the 1.  He then saidd it didn't matter how fast it was, the milwaukee was still better.  Blind allegence at it's best.  When the super sawzall came out it was equal to my portercable, but cost twice as much.....completely stupid.  The drills were about the same when campaired ot my makita's back then.

If I buy a milwaukee tool, I'll be that guy, I'll be the one badmouthing other tools because they don't say Milwaukee on them.  I can't be that guy.

1 hour ago, REKIII said:

Meh, I'll just keep looking.

My milwaukee hatred goes a little further, and it is really similar to my Apple hatred....it stems from the people who have them.  All I was told for years was how unbelievably awesome the Milwaukee tools were.  Back before the super sawzall came out, a plumber was going on and on how awesome his milwaukee sawzall was  He even demonstrated how quick he could cut out the boot holes I was going to cut in.  I grabbed my portercable and cut out 2.5 in the time he cut out the 1.  He then saidd it didn't matter how fast it was, the milwaukee was still better.  Blind allegence at it's best.  When the super sawzall came out it was equal to my portercable, but cost twice as much.....completely stupid.  The drills were about the same when campaired ot my makita's back then.

If I buy a milwaukee tool, I'll be that guy, I'll be the one badmouthing other tools because they don't say Milwaukee on them.  I can't be that guy.

With your logic, you should hate BMW's because 99.9999999% of the owners are doucebags. 

I agree with all your points.  Maybe it's a phobia?  I've never owned an Apple product, yet badmouth them too.  I always tell people I can't own one because I don't fit into skinny Jeans......c'mon, that's funny.

And yes, 99.9% of BMW owners are D-bags, I can tell you, I'm in the majority.  Besides, there is no better way to compensate for my small penis.

1 hour ago, REKIII said:

I agree with all your points.  Maybe it's a phobia?  I've never owned an Apple product, yet badmouth them too.  I always tell people I can't own one because I don't fit into skinny Jeans......c'mon, that's funny.

And yes, 99.9% of BMW owners are D-bags, I can tell you, I'm in the majority.  Besides, there is no better way to compensate for my small penis.

I was the same way about Apple products. Then I bought an iPhone 5S. Now I can't wait for the 7 to come out so I can snag one.

i've used iPhone, iPods, iPads, and Macbooks. All of them were better than competitors 10 YEARS AGO. Now they just release the same device a TINY bit faster and a TINY bit bigger and call it a new product. Other phone companies and computer companies have surpassed or equaled them now, so why pay the premium to get Apple?  oh, not to mention every app, song, program, etc you buy will make you stuck with apple forever, versus using Android or PC which those things can be used across hundreds or devices and dozens of manufacturers.

On 1/26/2016 at 2:27 PM, REKIII said:

So you are not in control of your own actions? 
Buying a Milwaukee tool doesn't force you to hate everything else suddenly. It sounds like you are being a stuck up porter cable or makita owner suddenly.

Picking your brain is interesting and fun by the way!

14 hours ago, GunMetalGrey said:

So you are not in control of your own actions? 
Buying a Milwaukee tool doesn't force you to hate everything else suddenly. It sounds like you are being a stuck up porter cable or makita owner suddenly.

Picking your brain is interesting and fun by the way!

I don't actually own any portercable products right now, and my only Makita is an old corded drill that I use if my batteries die.  Most of my stuff is Bosch or Hitachi.  People rarely love or hate them.

If I bought a Milwaukee I'd hate me, not everyone else.

After relying on my tools in a professional capacity for so many years I have gathered nice and expensive tools but I've also learned where I can take shortcuts.  My socket's are a mix of duracraft, pittsburgh, craftsman and snap-on and the same can be said about my screw drivers and other items.  My go to wrenches are all Snap-on or Gearwrench and my go-to ratchet is a Snap-on.  I think for someone who just does this stuff at home there are some things worth spending money on such as cordless tools or air tools but they may not notice the difference between a fine tooth ratchet and cheap-o ratchet nor may they care about the difference.