WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

IMG_20160112_205502593_zpsc8n9vdrs.jpg

Beer. If you know me, then you know that I love it.

I've been drinking a lot of IPAs a few years now. In the past year or two I've started to gravitate towards pilsners, yet somehow I've never tried this one. It's the best.

On a related note: my roommate bought me a "Mr. Beer" home-brewing kit, and I think I've caught the bug... Watch for a "Follies/Joys of home-brewing" OT thread to be opening soon...

-Cheers

18 hours ago, HipMF said:

IMG_20160112_205502593_zpsc8n9vdrs.jpg

Beer. If you know me, then you know that I love it.

I've been drinking a lot of IPAs a few years now. In the past year or two I've started to gravitate towards pilsners, yet somehow I've never tried this one. It's the best.

On a related note: my roommate bought me a "Mr. Beer" home-brewing kit, and I think I've caught the bug... Watch for a "Follies/Joys of home-brewing" OT thread to be opening soon...

-Cheers

Home Brewing is awesome! Make sure that anything that goes near your beer (bottles, carboys, hydrometers, etc) is very thoroughly sanitized or you might catch some bacteria, My friends and I lost 3, 5-gallon batches at one time because we were rushed and something got in them...

Yep. I'll be bottling the the Mr. Beer extract stuff in the next couple of days. I think I was pretty diligent with the sanitation, so it should turn out fine. My gear arrived today, so I'm set to brew my first all-grain batch this weekend. I'm going to stick to small batches so I can do more experimenting with the process and recipes. The first batch will be keeping it simple: pale malt, a little caramel malt to add some sweetness and aroma, and Cascade hops. I need to sit down and figure out the quantities with a brewing calculator, but I'm aiming for an American Pale Ale style.