WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

I've been waiting to grab one around $4K.  They come up periodically, but are usually too far away.  If it runs, use it as a beater for awhile, if it doesn't keep the engine for a spare.

That one at 10.5 isn't horrible.  It's too bad none of the face lift mods were done.  the body looks clean.

So many people fail to realize they are buying an $80K car.  Some maintenance costs, regardless of the 'deal' you get.  I'm in an 39 M5 group on FB.  It's sickening what these guys try to do.  "where is the cheapest I can get a new windshield washer sprayer?  The $7 one at autozone is just too much"

4 hours ago, REKIII said:

So many people fail to realize they are buying an $80K car.  Some maintenance costs, regardless of the 'deal' you get.  I'm in an 39 M5 group on FB.  It's sickening what these guys try to do.  "where is the cheapest I can get a new windshield washer sprayer?  The $7 one at autozone is just too much"

Agreed.  I've had MANY customers who purchased a used luxury car and didn't do any homework about repair costs then experience quite a bit of sticker shock.  Many heart to hearts have been had where I've had to explain to someone that their used luxury car that cost X amount when new may have depreciated but unfortunately for us all the replacement parts do not depreciate.

The book time labor can also shock people.  I had a customer last year who was the 3rd owner of a 2002 Mercedes S430 4matic and the air ride was failing.  He purchased the strutmasters conversion kit and brought it to one of my shops for installation.  They correctly quoted him 6.1 hours labor at $85/hr to replace the front and rear.  He was wildly upset and called me to complain because he felt we were ripping him off, there's no way it should cost that much, the car is too old, it has 150k miles, etc.  After much discussion back and forth I welcomed him to shop the estimate around and told him it was good for 30 days to which he replied, "Well I did that already!  You guys are the cheapest around!".  He got the work done by us.

Do your homework people!