WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

19 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

There's an 02 M5 in Madison off of Stoughton rd for $14k with 166k miles. Its at a used dealer and the guy told me he has service records and everything is ok but when asked about the vanos he just kept saying "yea it's fine, i've sold these before, it's fine."  The body is ok with a few scratches and broken bumper grill.

I see they also have a 2002 M Roadster for $60k.  Seem just a tad high.

I think that M Coupe is an honest $40-45k car. The Dinan stuff probably doesn't help it, but doesn't hurt either. It just takes that one individual that really wants a green one...Probably the reason it was the only one ordered in that color combination to begin with haha. That reminds me, I did see an 02 M Coupe pop up on ebay with low miles that had been ordered in Phoenix yellow over Laguna Seca interior. Puke. That car sold for about $10k more than comparable cars (other than color) at that time.

There are so many reasons the m car is better. I happen to own one, so I think I'd have some idea. I have driven countless standard Z3s as well. Just touching the surface, you get better engine, LSD, some of the best seats BMW has offered, leather trimmed dash and door panels, bumpers, mirrors, brakes, wheels, suspension, and on and on. Not bad for only a few grand more. Not to mention, the car doesn't even feel similar(and not nearly as girly lol). Parts are cheap since most of it is all e36 m3 stuff. I must add, out of the nearly 80 cars I've they owned, it has to be the funnest.