WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Hello. My name is Dan, and today I doomsday prepped

straight6pwr

1 hour ago, Daggerty said:

Just take the manifold off it's not that bad.

I have a car that can be cannibalized for parts by your car lmk if you need anything.

i have literally 2.5 hours of day light when I get home on Thursday to get this fixed. i've never pulled an m50/s50 manifold, so I know it will be slower than that the first time around.

1 hour ago, Snap said:

E30 Heater Core is 3/4" Heater hose

thank you sir!!!!!

1 hour ago, KaiserRolls said:

If you have the tiniest hands in the history of the universe you could probably do it with the manifold on lol. I am not that sneaky.

I can try and sneak home for lunch and take some pics

like i said, i got the heater hoses on/off when I did the heater core from underneath so i'm crossing my fingers (i have big hands, btw)

iasiph_ponderosa_hands_1050_591_81_s_c1.

5 minutes ago, KaiserRolls said:

Manifold is super easy job Dan

A few manifold nuts

Fuel lines

Throttle body

Vac line for FPR

ICV line to bottom of manifold

Bosh style connector on back of mani

That's about all I can think of

Notes:
You can also just remove the two nuts that hold the injector rail in place and wedge that out of the way. No fuel anywhere.
You can remove the throttle cable from the throttle body instead of removing the whole thing. I think that's about a horse a piece. 

It is quite easy though, pending your wiring harness cover setup you may have to remove the cover. 

thanks, dudes!

17 hours ago, Snap said:

Wow, very nice shots! 2nd one is my favorite. We really need to take more nice photos with the group.

i agree. wish it had not been raining saturday so the camera could have come out.

17 hours ago, KaiserRolls said:

Those look good. Daily as not in the winter though.....

no, not if I can help it. but i also don't have indoor storage, so that doesn't help the cause.

CABs switch to solid lollipops today, as well as a new shifter bushing.

having the passenger side CAB not resting on my exhaust reduced some cabin noise as expected. i still do have an odd rattle when starting from a stop in that same area that I thought would have been the exhaust, but it did not go away. *shrug*

also, first road trip with the car this weekend. time for some backroad blasting :D

Last time I touched the control arms was 7 years ago. Did you need a tool to get the old bushings off/new ones on?

I definitely had to make a tool from threaded rod to get the bushings on the last time

Coincidentally I ordered some from Garigistic today

• straight6pwr changed the title to Hello. My name is Dan, and today I shadowlined
  • straight6pwr changed the title to Hello. My name is Dan, and today I doomsday prepped