WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Hello. My name is Dan, and today I doomsday prepped

straight6pwr

car is back from body work. the shop I used was Authentic Automotive. I give them a 7/10. They left my new carpet dirty as hell from their shop boots :rolleyes: so now I have to clean it, and (per my odometer) they drove the car 3 miles, and they had no reason to need to drive the car off their lot, so...

core support straightened and valance installed/painted.

x6AFBH5.jpg

got my spal fan installed. hooked up to run constantly on ignition, will have to figure out wiring to temp switch or a dash switch at some point.

NDTashc.jpg

front end put together.

Url4bSI.jpg

i also got the rocker panels repainted, wheels installed, and rear suspension set to the right height. a bonus is that the 16" wheels/225 tires ride softer than the snow tire setup. i'm guessing its the cheap Nexen tires having squishy side walls. the car handles still handles very neutral with a bit of throttle oversteer. :)

8 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

uh oh. just got home, smelled some coolant in the last mile and the temp gauge was above half. #saturdayinjeapardy

5 hours ago, KaiserRolls said:

Ask Ben if you can borrow his temp gun

Yeah, you need to make sure that it's actually overheating and not just the cluster. Chances are it's not actually overheating. Did you check the temp with a gun yet to make sure it's overheating? Because it may be a loose nut on the cluster. Did you verify the temp yet? I would probably hit it with a temp gun to ensure that it's actually overheating. 

lol @ temp gun. the car did not overheat at all. was between 1/2 and 3/4 mark when I got home.

got up early and looked at it before work today.

1 hour ago, KaiserRolls said:

That spray pattern is odd. Coolant spider hose dealio may have split?

correct.  spider hose split @ the heater core inlet pipe.

i ordered one (and intake mani gaskets) with overnight shipping, but i don't think I'll have time to dive in and get the manifold off to replace it.  without removing the manifold, i SHOULD be able to pull both heater core hoses from below and just connect them together (temporarily bypassing the heater core) to get me by for Saturday. i was able to pull them when I replaced my heater core, I just don't know how much room/slack they have for connecting them together.

if anyone knows what internal size those hoses are off the top of their head, it would help on my lunch time quest for a fitting at the hardware store. 5/8" or 3/4" is my guess.

• straight6pwr changed the title to Hello. My name is Dan, and today I shadowlined
  • straight6pwr changed the title to Hello. My name is Dan, and today I doomsday prepped