WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

My name is Earl, and I have a Stainless Steel bolt fetish =)

Earl

The thing is that my car came from the factory with the option for vented fronts. I ordered rotors for a 1995 318Ti because that is what I have. Since they never asked about vented or solid fronts, I figured they were making what I have (it never crossed my mind that there were two options for front rotors). When they arrived I then noticed that they gave me solid fronts and that they did not know that cars older than 98 came with vented fronts.

They are giving me the option to get the vented fronts but I have to pay an additional $50 to cover partial material and shipping costs. I do however get to keep the solid ones as well.

I see where the disconnect is. I wanted the double slotted pattern on vented rotors. The vented and solid refers to the build of the rotor blank itself like John said. I wanted Adams Rotors for the great quality and they cost the same blank as they do being machined.

I opted for the AR Race (double slotted) pattern because it is one of the patterns that adds a hair of performance and also looks good. The dimpled/drilled rotors don't really offer much when used with street pads and they also make noise.

No real update.

I didn't get out to the shop this weekend. My buddy Kyle will hopefully be out this weekend to put in more time on the bay.

I have a pending order on ECS for the tensioner plug and washer, as well as all new bolts for the front suspension. I am trying to replace almost every bolt with a new one for peace of mind. When I did the rear suspension I didn't really care all that much. Now I feel like rusty hardware was half-assing it and I feel like ripping it back out to replace all of that as well.

I have also been thinking about my rear shock mounts. I have some decently new e46 m3 convertible mounts installed now, but I didn't have new washers, nuts, and gaskets when I put them in. I have been thinking about doing the GC tall RSM's to gain some dampening in the rear, but I think that would limit my airing up height due to the Mustang shocks already being really short.

I am also hearing about Camaro rear shocks lately and am wondering how they compare length wise and stiffness wise to the mustang shocks. Does anybody have any info on this?

Not a ton done this weekend. 

Saturday I went out to the shop and threw my front subframe and sway bar in the trunk to clean up at work this week. I think I will have my front subframe reinforcements TIG'd in at work as well.

My proper Adams Rotors came and I also picked up my powdercoated calipers, carriers, and knuckles. 

IMG_20140223_142436_zpsal33oa7e.jpg

I also ended up talking to a guy who does vector images and asked how he does them. I realized I didn't have the tool to do it, but he offered to do one of my car. He did an awesome job. He even modeled my AC  Schnitzer Mirrors.

12732054213_1783df12c5_h.jpg

His name is Artur Borovik. Here is his portfolio: http://arturborovik.com/

He made the frame rails a little high. E36 rockers sit so high compared to the frame rails.

Edit: Starring at it on my large computer screen seems that it is a tad higher than it should be. Other than that it is pretty accurate to the end product, minus the trim badge, tinted windows, wipers (front and rear), and pig nose grills.