WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Who are you?

Doorman

Scrolled back to mid 2013 to see if there was a topic about this.

What do you do??

Obviously we all love BMWs!!

What else makes you you?

I'll start

Carpenter for the last 15yrs (soon to be ironworker) working in the commercial/industrial overhead door industry for the last 21yrs.

Married

Dad of 4, 3 girls and a stepson.

I love to make stuff, tinker, etc.

Some work pictures

Today's job

Building a steel tube opening for a fire rolling door.

bba136eb37dfabeaea246d2dd7fa8c38.jpg763141bb626d7df31178c3c2c57dd447.jpg

Playhouse I built for the kids last summer.

025f1774aec2254a2635319d4841d87a.jpgc4069debb213cfe8ca534aa354769ac4.jpg3552d4387a0cc19d2c748bc16534dcd8.jpg

Job I did last year for an Art Gallery

622585aca701474a5b96bffb3a614ee9.jpgb3331333147a54ab120c45e5eeb47cd8.jpgd020897fba8a249665db7ab86a338822.jpg

That's a bit about me.

Who's next?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30, married, 2 kids ages 3.5 and 6 months, "senior designer" for Pierce Manufacturing (Firetrucks!), love junk food and old fashions, older JDM cars have always been my love but have never owned one, recently got into hunting (which is why the e30 hasn't been worked on in 3 months), have a burning hatred of the name "Stance Wisconsin" for really no reason, WI born and raised - but hate beer, love lifting weights but hate cardio, have a newly acquired knife fetish that could get expensive, love slammed cars and loud exhausts, love cold drinks on hot patios, think Snap needs to get on FB and Earl would finish his damn car already, needs to take a Protien shake and go to bed - but posting this instead, am a poet and didn't even know it.

Great thread idea!

22, single, no kids. Undercover as a semi driver until I figure things out! Other hobbies include biking, running, skiing, canoeing, camping,, model trains/cars and graphic design. Born and raised in Madison, plan on staying. Enjoy spicy foods and beer. Most likely to die with a estate of hoarded E28 parts and unfinished project cars.

post-2724-0-17975300-1423628078_thumb.jp

25, Married, we have an almost 3yr old and one in the oven.  I grew up in Marathon, WI.  Moved to Platteville in '09 for my wife to attend UWP for civil engineering.  She graduated a couple days before our daughter was born and is a stay at home mom currently.  I am a controls and instrumentation tech for Hormel Foods in Dubuque, IA.  I am not related to the store Menards although I spend a ridiculous amount of money there.  My car is a disaster, I am at work too much (right now) and trying to remodel my main bathroom.  I had better get back to it so I can get out of here and go to bed.

26, married and have our first kid due May 27th (Its a boy!). I work for Blain's Farm and Fleet as a Regional Service Manager overseeing 12 of our shops and I started as a part time tech and worked my way up. The auto industry has been my passion since I was a kid and I have done everything I can to maintain a career in it. Just about all of my hobbies are car related whether it's tinkering in my garage or reading books about it. There really aren't many cars I don't like. The history behind different vehicles has always interested me. I also enjoy camping and fishing whenever I get the chance. I have 2 dogs and I love playing outside with them. I was born and raised in WI and if my wife would agree to it then I'd move somewhere warm! I like to cook and I love good beer and good bourbon. All kinds of music interest me. I used to ride BMX but my body has given up on that.

23, might as well be married with two cats and a tortoise. I grew up in Kewaskum and currently reside in West Bend. I work as a Quality Associate at Bradley Corporation in Menomonee Falls. My dad worked there for most of my life so I ended up getting a summer job and never left. I am still honestly not sure what career path I want to take. I got into cars because my dad was always tinkering on anything he has owned. I didn't spend much time helping him or learning when I was young ,but as soon as I was old enough to drive I made sure to learn as much as I could from him. My hobbies consist of disc golfing, skateboarding, and anything outdoors related. I have really fell out of the first two and need to get my car finished so I can get back to my other hobbies=)

I'm 28 not married but will be proposing in the near future.  No kids, two dogs (1yr 95lb lean German Shepherd and a 2 yr mutt).  I am the service manager at Erik's Bike Shop in Grafton, got promoted after working here for 3 months.  Trying to start my powder coating business for the 3rd time, looking for a new location this spring.  Born and raised in Wisconsin, but have lived in LA(California) and Texas.  Purchased my first BMW in Texas, '84 318i/A, around 8 years ago. 

I ride BMX still, even though I'm kinda old for kids bikes.  I'll probably ride BMX bikes forever.  I love the outdoors and being an asshole.  I recently purchased two NERF guns and 100 rounds of ammo off of amazon so I could legally shoot my girlfriend.  I used to work on and own motorcycles, and I currently have a project bike on the far back burner.  I used to own guns, medals in pistol marksmanship.  Life is starting to get too hectic for all of my interests.  I think I need to hit the lotto fellas, or spray paint those NERF guns and rob gas stations.

I just turned 30 yesterday, gf for 7 years, might as well be married. NO kids, but have a dog, chihuahua(yes that's a dog). Grew up riding/racing motocross, skateboarding when was I was little younger, and played soccer. Got into obstacle course running the last few years,and can get into almost anything that's outdoors. In a previous life was a service tech on automated doors/entry systems, but knew it wasn't for me long term. Been in real estate since '09 and it fits me well.Got my first BMW around 10 yrs ago( E36 323IS) thanks to a buddy who was into them before me. I think like most of us on here, the enjoyment of seeing work done, repair or upgrade, and having a better understanding on how/why something works is what intrigues me about vehicles in general.  The never ending learning experience!

Now this is interesting! weird how we all have vastly different backgrounds but ended up at WI bimmers haha. 

I Just turned 20, I am currently an apprentice for Tool and Die, at my family's business Rowley Tool Corp. You guys would laugh, because I didn't even walk into this place until I was 18, and before that, I barely knew where it was located. My great grandfather started it, then my grand father had it and died of a heart attack real early, and lost all his shares(irresponsible and didn't set up a will) so now my second cousins run the place. 

LOVE my job and everything that has to do with it.Been here almost 2 years.  Currently sitting at my computer at work during lunch. 

I grew up in Green lake WI, and was born here, and I work here. But I bought my house last year in Princeton which is 10 Miles away, and 1/10th the price. 

As a kid, I lived on two wheels for sure. First motox bike was at 4 years old, my dad owned lots of property when i was a kid so it was killer. Spent lots of time riding BMX, and also skated a lot, Skiing took my life over from 12-17, where I competitively skied for a while, and then broke my back at telluride CO.... 

Basically My body is incapable of going fast anymore, So I took it to 4 wheels and a metal cage around me to go fast now. Cars are currently my Life, and I just about dedicate everything to them, But I also thoroughly enjoy the outdoors(hunting, camping, etc). 

Oh and I'm basically married as well. 

31, married, 2 kids, 1 dog. Live in Hartland and hate my yuppie neighbors. Grew up in New Berlin, mom/stepdad still live there and their house is about 3 minutes from Snap, who is the main person that got me going on WIBimmers one day because i saw an e30 at an intersection and stomped on it in my 1er, only to find him posting about it later that day on the forums.

I work for Artisan Partners, an equity investment firm which is part of the evil financial services empire in this country that everyone hates. Been in software for 10 years, and technically have a job title of "Application Architect" within the software department at Artisan, which actually means 80% of my time is babysitting a lot of grown men with Type-A personalities who don't know how to work together because software guys tend to have huge egos. The other 20% of the time I get to do cool stuff like set technical direction and play with new technologies. 

I pretty much hate corporate america, started investing in real estate 7 years ago, own several duplexes that I manage and do most of the work on, trying to get into commercial either this year or next, and plan to pseudo-retire before 50. My only desire in that particular arena is to get to a spot where I do not need to be beholden to some employer for a paycheck. 

I love to track cars, work on cars, spent the past 25 years playing a lot of soccer and continue to play 3-4 days a week to this day, play a fair amount of guitar when I have time, and am a huge geek when it comes to computer gaming. I think when I quit World of Warcraft in 2010 I had about 275 days of played time, and at that point I realized I should stop and not waste my entire life or I will regret it  :lol:

30, Born and raised Oshkosh townie. Have a GF finishing up vetrinary school in Madison at the UW. I earned an associates degree in package and label printing, did and externship and quit the biz. I'm now a mechanical designer at Oshkosh defense developing military trucks. Intrests include craft beer, loud music, comic characters and running. In my "younger years" I enjoyed BMX, Skateboard, Snowboard activities but my body doesn't seem as up to it. 

And as much as I hate winter I'm not looking forward to mowing the lawn...

which actually means 80% of my time is babysitting a lot of grown men with Type-A personalities who don't know how to work together because software guys tend to have huge egos.

I found this incredibly amusing. Thankfully I don't have to manage people like this, but I have enough experience with them to know what you're talking about.

I've worked with a guys like this, except their egos are completely out of line with their actual abilities. I rarely have the heart to tell them about all the things that they're fucking up because I don't want to start an argument or hurt their feelings, so instead I end up playing janitor and cleaning up all the messes they've left behind.

which actually means 80% of my time is babysitting a lot of grown men with Type-A personalities who don't know how to work together because software guys tend to have huge egos.

I found this incredibly amusing. Thankfully I don't have to manage people like this, but I have enough experience with them to know what you're talking about.

I've worked with a guys like this, except their egos are completely out of line with their actual abilities. I rarely have the heart to tell them about all the things that they're fucking up because I don't want to start an argument or hurt their feelings, so instead I end up playing janitor and cleaning up all the messes they've left behind.

They dont call you Hip Mother F***** for nothing

No one actually calls me that, but if they did it would be because I drink PBR, insist on listening to wierd music that no one has heard of, and drive a malaise era BMW.

Maybe the music thing is age related?

RATM, Temple of the Dog, Erik B and Rakim, Tribe Called Quest were all regularly played back in the day and still are by me!!

I graduated HS in 91

22 (Sorry for not contributing to the diversity), from Mequon. I attend Lehigh University and am getting my degree in Mechanical Engineering. I am hoping to land a job in south/eastern WI before I graduate and start that this summer. Been dating the same girl for just over 3 years, she just got a job as an actuary which is pretty cool. I have always been into cars so I got a job at a classic car restoration shop in Delafield for a few years (I still do part time when I can) where I learned how to work on them. First car I owned was my old e36, sold that for my current e30, and am now considering another bimmer as a daily/winter car so I can really go to town on restoring/modifying the e30 and not having to worry about driving it to work every day. Hobbies include my cars, craft beer, downhill skiing, biking, and building stuff. 

Name some bands, I feel I may be able to relate.

I've been way off the charts (pun intended) for a long time. Haven't listened to the radio by choice in 10 or 15 years. Years ago I used to follow the "new" list at aquarius records like it was religion. Occasionally find something of interest by listening to wfmu.org. They're too wierd even for me, but I still donate to their marathon every year because I believe in the cause (commercial-free 24-7, no corporate "underwriters", no PSAs, no mandate, just do whatever, whenever).

Haven't spent much time searching out music in the past year, but recent favorite new (to me) discoveries include: Eddy Current Suppression Ring, The Mantels, Solids

old school favorites includes things like: Q and not U, The Mars Volta, At the Drive-in

but mostly into finding strange oddities, bands that aren't good at playing their instruments, singers that aren't good at singing, two different melodies that don't belong together, played together for no good reason...

I saw this thread before I left on vacation.  Pretty cool reading through everything.  Definitely a lot of diversity here.

I'm 34, married, 2 kids 10 and 8.  I've been into cars since I was 16....not really much before that.  I'm self taught on just about everything car and career related.  I work at A mechanical design firm in West Bend.

Possibly by 2025 my crappy 5 series will be back on the road, until then I sport my little F150.