WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Who are you?

Doorman

Haha, I wanted to. It only has 5 or 6 inches of ground clearance as it is, so might as well finish the job.

Also, japanese knock-offs of european wheels on an americanized versions of a japanese cars is going to be the next big thing. Or is that old news already?

I'm 25 live in Elkhorn married with a 2 month old daughter have 3 dogs a house and too many cars.. I Work in machining cnc, manual what ever I need to get it done. Also work in engineering at the same time mainly I'm the guy that gets to blow stuff up and make new stuff testing developing new parts etc. everything I do for work is mainly 2 stroke engine parts for a motor my companies produces. Everything is mad in the us most sold to China. When I started we had 1 motor 120cc 5hp 5ftlbs of tq @5500rpm. Then I got power hungry and made a 120 cc 12hp 10ftlbs of tq. 6500rpm 26.7hp an 14ftlbs 7600rpm has been seen before it cracked the head.my favorite is watching them take off at 17krpm and melt down its awsome! I love my job cutting metal an developing new products. I'm hoping to get into custom maching of other parts one off parts prototypes and new production parts this year. I also drink way too much mountain dew. And off you tell me there is free food I'm there no questions asked.

Btw enjoy all the typo's not reading threw all this on the phone :)

China does a great job (trying) to copy the things we do. Anything that takes an ounce of entrepreneurship or good ole American ingenuity gets exported out of the US. Anything that is throwaway or has large tolerances is great for China since their time and people are looked at as disposable.

Like Rowleym mentioned, tooling is a big thing exported to China. We build the tools, they use them until they break/get worn. 

I'm 43, married, 3 kids although 2 are legally adults now, making beer at miller is my current position although IT is where I would like to go soon. I have been into cars since I was 12 when my uncle had a resto shop

back in the 80's. I always got stuck doing wiring because everyone else didn't like doing it. There wasn't much wiring to do on 40-74 american cars and trucks but oh well. Raw hp cars is what I liked to build, but I was always into sleepers, I don't care what make, as long as I could keep them looking and sounding stock, I was all for it. My two young adults are finally getting into cars now that they could drive and one brought me a rust free 85 iroc roller to help him to build and the other chose a 04 impreza RS. Looks like I have an american vs import competition brewing. So my toy is a 96 318ti cali top that I stuffed a 87 grand national driveline into, it took me a while for the hatch back body style to grow on me but it did. It currently runs and drives and I am on the work the bugs out stage. 

I'm john, I'm 23 and I don't have any kids (that I know of) and I'm a fire suppression designer for J.F.Ahern. I draw, survey,calculate sprinkler pipe to keep people from getting burned from fire. Ive been a full time designer for 4 months now and its fun. Best part is I get to go out to job sites. I got into cars once I got my first vw. It was always broken so I had to fix it a lot. Bought my first E30 a few years ago and ever since its been on jack stands. Here are a couple shots of a job site visit before we started install.

IMG_20150304_102736943_zpsg11lxrls.jpg

IMG_20150331_080513187_zpsopolthcp.jpg

IMG_20150331_081023788_zpsplleayhe.jpg