WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Who are you?

Doorman

• 2 weeks later...

I'm old, married, have one 9 year old daughter. Some of you could be my sons (?)

I love beer, whiskey and scotch. Yes scotch (told ya I was old). Trapshooting on Wednesday nights is bound to be the death of me, but that's another topic in itself.

I grew up in Grafton, lived in Colorado from age 15-17, then graduated from Grafton HS. Been living in Green Bay last 20 years.

I'm a Chemical Engineer from UW Madison. Worked 5 years in the industry, then moved to FedEx, where I've been working as a computer/automation/programming/troubleshooting/training consultant for almost 15 years.

I drive my BMW a lot. See my signature. I like to DIY as much as possible. For the rest, bobdudeman is an invaluable help.

Is it everything you hoped it would be?
It is :) Once I get the Gundo exhaust Hack done it will sound much better, and I have a set of H&R Springs in eBay cart just begging to be bought. Right now I'm just trying to decide between a duck tail spoiler, or the gt3 RS wing...
I hear during spirited driving in porches that letting off the throttle mid-corner will turn you into a drifto king.
That, or you look like a fool and smash your car into the guardrail backwards before you even realize something is wrong..

I hear during spirited driving in porches that letting off the throttle mid-corner will turn you into a drifto king.

That's called "oversteer" and was phased out sometime in the 70s in favor of "safety". It's also why 4 cylinders is better than 6, but I digress...

Not yet, but I'm planning on having that and the air/oil separator replaced before I start racking up serious miles on it. Should be about a $1500-2000 job. Clutch is in great condition as far as I can tell, but I probably should replace it anyway...

I don't know how adventurous you are but from what I have read you can do this yourself with some mechanical aptitude and patience.

• 3 weeks later...

I got a reminder email that I need to log in or face deletion so I'm doing that. 

I am a guy that used to have an E30 from 2005-2009.  It was a ratty '84 5MT 325e coupe but I put a 3.25LSD and some other parts/mods on it.  It was a fun car and surprisingly reliable despite being in a constant state of falling apart at the seams due to having many previous owners that did not take care of her.  The car burned a quart of oil every 500 miles for 5 years, all while subject to me driving the f'ing WHEELS off that car in all Wisconsin weather conditions.  Thing was a champ.

I'd like to find another some day but it would have to be a nice one and those aren't cheap anymore.  I am from Madison but I used to kick around with a guy named Nick up near Steven's point.  He had a boosted 2.7 stroker '88 5MT 325i 4 door.

2i0zltd.jpg

Currently I have an '04 WRX wagon with all the usual WRX bolt on shit.  This is my daily.  The '08 narrowbody is my buddy's car.

2e4ey5x.jpg

My project car (and it's a project, let me tell you) is a 1991 Isuzu Impulse RS.  I had this car at the 2012 WI Bimmers meet.  This car currently is in storage, awaiting warmer weather and likely some driveline and suspension repairs.

2wdwvlu.jpg