WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

'88 E30

KaiserRolls

Finally got the axles out of the hubs thanks to an impact 1dd73ef6e514b4358f7fdbe6f69a87b5.jpg

Long story short the bearings are going to be replaced

Just need to get the hub pressed out now

I got the harbor freight being puller kit. Haven't used it yet but I think it would work

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Going to a friends shop tomorrow to use a press. If for whatever reason that falls through, what kit did you go with?

Finally got the axles out of the hubs thanks to an impact 1dd73ef6e514b4358f7fdbe6f69a87b5.jpgLong story short the bearings are going to be replaced

Just need to get the hub pressed out now

I got the harbor freight being puller kit. Haven't used it yet but I think it would workSent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Going to a friends shop tomorrow to use a press. If for whatever reason that falls through, what kit did you go with?

It cost around $100 from HF. Not sure exactly which one

Finally got the axles out of the hubs thanks to an impact 1dd73ef6e514b4358f7fdbe6f69a87b5.jpgLong story short the bearings are going to be replaced Just need to get the hub pressed out now

I got the harbor freight being puller kit. Haven't used it yet but I think it would workSent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It cost around $100 from HF. Not sure exactly which one

I think I know which one you're talking about

Went to a friends shop today that has all the necessary tools (20 ton press and the space is heated) we hammered out both hubs with a socket, extension & dead blow. Only one hub held on to an inner race. After the hubs were out we popped the snap rings out and pressed out the wheel bearings. We put the hub/inner race combo in a vise and slowly hammered it off after heating it (kind of a pain in the ass)

Finished product before cleanup & por15

8ab35439c107bd2dc7cdd3ab2347bfca.jpg

Popped off the ebrake hardware and dust shields

59bcc6186b08c0ebc5c52637e9adc6ea.jpg

I will be cleaning up and re using the hubs per snaps advice

1bf8c1e5dca41923e20195a7065fedf3.jpg

5b147bec6494c08f9df5205219911937.jpg

Can't feel those lines, but will be cleaning them up so they aren't visible

While we were there we also got the old bushings out of my lollipops. Either tonight or tomorrow I'm going to burn out the rubber bushings from the trailing arms

On Tuesday I get the last of my chassis reinforcements in and I'll be having those welded on by my friend. After all the welding is done I'll be cleaning them up to get everything ready for a few coats of por-15.

Still need to get the axles off of the diff/clean diff etc.

And still need to keep slowly collecting parts & address the rear brake lines and a bunch of other crap. It never ends

Ready for reinforcements! (Garagistic just released some more, so I may re visit the front subframe) but here they are ready to go 06e625ae05ba14e888e0bb03a8d50d85.jpg

Also got the axles off the diff

1985f0ed4047c984c16c55bcea17429f.jpg

And had some stainless lines made today. Idea is to go right from the T where the main line comes to the union and run stainless all the way to the caliper82106213716caf161abd2346acabe51b.jpg

Was under the car and 4' should be long enough. We'll see how it works

maybe. The way I look at it is I'm replacing about 20" of rubber with stainless & as for the remaining hardline.....one of my hardliners coming from the T was pinched flat....soooo hopefully it feels better after replacing it lol.

Side note: when installing my hydro many moons ago, I found a bunch of pics/threads were people would run stainless line from the hydro (mainly for looks in the cab) and didn't run into issues of being able to lock up the rear brakes.

I guess what I'm trying to say Pat is, I have no idea but I am definitely interested to find out haha