WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

'88 E30

KaiserRolls

10 hours ago, KaiserRolls said:

Reinforcements are welded in Most likely won't be doing the garagistic control arm reinforcements as it seems like massive overkill

I was commenting on this. I now realize that you meant the reinforcements for the front subframe=) 

Reinforcements are welded in Most likely won't be doing the garagistic control arm reinforcements as it seems like massive overkill

I was commenting on this. I now realize that you meant the reinforcements for the front subframe=) 

Ohhhhhhhh makes sense now.

Yeah, I most likely won't be doing them. It seems like a lot of heat to put into 28 year old 'not-that-thick' steel. I honestly have never heard of a subframe failing there either

Got out and cleaned everything up tonight. Also removed all of the bushings that were left (trailing arms and diff) cacf06547200816f545114b6c6e76217.jpg

Also got the rear hardlines removed from the union. Here's the one that was semi crushed 4da483c43a398c76ab58b97051904699.jpg

e75363a014b199934804a140b90cab63.jpg

And the other shitty one

Tore apart the struts I bought from Ray. If you ever want to watch a half inch socket/wrench fly across the room and dent drywall don't use a spring compressor. It was pretty awesome to see all the shit fly into the wall. The front struts are what I'll be using for my coil overs. They are actually super clean (pics show them as I bought them) the wheel bearings seem to be in great shape. I'll probably just toss them back on the car as is and if one goes I'll replace it then. Kind of a shitty thing is that I had to drill the stupid rotor set screw things out on both hubs, not a huge concern. Just annoying

b19e8f20cca4555230fbf82ee7b9acab.jpg

3bc32de67f43be8b1d0e823ea50b7086.jpg

That's where I left off for the night. I need to finish cleaning up under the car & start ordering some parts!

Gonna get out tonight (hopefully) and get some por-15 on the subframes and trailing arms and diff.

Also gonna try and finish cleaning up under the car.

Still not sure what I should put on the struts/knuckles. I'll have to see how the por-15 goes on elsewhere. Although I'll be waiting to get coils welded up before anything goes on them

Got the topcoats on all the stuff today. Went with a gloss enamel. Put a shit load on it. Also under coated my car, it probably won't dry correctly. Also took the rack "apart"

It looked dicked at first, but it was fine after I cleaned it up. Added some grease on the teeth, took the ps block off back off, drained the crap, added more crap, worked the rack back and forth to get the excess out then put the delete plate back on ff812ae590c0ff9ca26f581a2e84a55e.jpgf0b4a459eb82928980bb7597ecf2edfa.jpg51e5458720b7c1ecc1abce04a62c82e1.jpg784147839311a06df4edd5219264b31e.jpg

Getting the struts ready for coils.

Also whoever put the inner tierods in hulk-moded them. Vice grips + hammer + swearing and they barely came off. Lock plates were all farked by whoever installed them. It sucked

Also aligned my door and fender so it didn't look all borked

41742444f3922c3c6db3853a5fb960a6.jpg

Also found some evidence of assholes in an air box(not my vehicle)...After I found acorns in my glovebox and kick panel.

38e615f5d1a6ef23d5afabc5d3717942.jpg

Set a bunch of traps and left out some coolant for them. I hate rodents