WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

'88 E30

KaiserRolls

Just now, wasnt m3 said:

That's what I'm saying, Royal Purple pretty much didn't let my zf go into gear when it was below 40 degrees outside. Redline completely fixed that.

i'll swap it out, i dont think ive ever driven my car when its been that cold with the current fluid.

im excited to now have butter smooth shifts & get all the bitties 

Got the driveshaft out in about .3 seconds (kind of surprised) and ripped the CSB off of it and made notes with sharpie so i dont forget the orientation for when the new one shows up (nothing was "wrong" with it, but $40 is cheap insurance)

Also just ordered adjustable front end links not from ireland engineering

I Have also yet to find a place locally that sells Red Line fluids --off to the internet for those as well.

Called a bunch of shops to see who can weld my coils. I just got a bunch of confused responses on the phone

"You want to do what with your who, who is this? What are you suspensions doing with a welder?"

Only thing left to show up are the coils

88cace11c51719fee7e660b98343810d.jpg

Pads/lines/CSB/diff plugs showed up today

As well as this gem front Blunttech

bd172b3ef2377c0aaab1205f36dd31b5.jpg

Also I lied, I have ate brake fluid&redline MTL showing up soon too. I was trolling craigslist in my area for shits and giggles and came across an ad for 2qts of redline 75w-90 and 2 gallons of BMW coolant. Guy wanted $50 for everything so I bought those as well-extra coolant isn't a bad thing to have on hand

Tricked myself into working on my car for 5 minutes

Got the DS back together with a new CSB. (Old one was installed incorrectly) -don't believe the Internet about installing the CSB "backwards" they are offset and put an angle on the DS at the CSB. I took a bunch of pics for the next thread I see about installing these backwards when using a 24v swap DS.

a234929982649272d262faecd8a393cc.jpg

Also drained the old diff fluid

4480105aca9352f162816b52172097d3.jpg

Went to put new drain plugs in. And I don't have an Allen wrench in size massive. So I need to go pick up a new wrench tomorrow so I can tighten it and put the redline 75w-90 in

afe6a8dc4b925b62576c716bce915824.jpg