WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

Electric Alfa looks like a pretty shady conversion. The AC compressor/power steering pump tied off to the side with bailing wire and the motor controller zip-screwed to the firewall at an angle really shows the builder's attention-to-detail. Worst of all the batteries don't even appear to be tied down. People have been building electric cars with lead-acid batteries and big clunky DC motors for at least 40 years now and it just doesn't pan out. That 15 cent charge i probably closer to two dollars and the range probably isn't enough for an average persons day of driving.

Plus it's wrong wheel drive. :D

Electric Alfa looks like a pretty shady conversion. The AC compressor/power steering pump tied off to the side with bailing wire and the motor controller zip-screwed to the firewall at an angle really shows the builder's attention-to-detail. Worst of all the batteries don't even appear to be tied down. People have been building electric cars with lead-acid batteries and big clunky DC motors for at least 40 years now and it just doesn't pan out. That 15 cent charge i probably closer to two dollars and the range probably isn't enough for an average persons day of driving.

Plus it's wrong wheel drive. :D

Haha yeah it looks like the conversion was just thrown in there, I was just laughing because I didn't expect it when I clicked on the ad

My dad had one similar to this when I was little. His was a black '77 the first year you could get any 320i in the U.S.

http://germancarsforsaleblog.com/tuner-tuesday-1982-bmw-320i-alpina/

The BF e21 guys are ripping this owner apart since it apparently doesn't seem to be a real Alpina. Looks clean tho.

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?2167188-hey-wally!-your-alpina-ship-has-arrived-on-ebay!-please-note-not-mine-enjoy

been watching that one. wish it was a 6 cyl.

i'm sure some of you may have noticed this one:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/cto/4953767095.html

94 e34 touring, super low miles, in great shape. however, i found the car on some other sites and it appears it was in a bit of a front end accident, which of course the craigs ad doesnt mention. it was originally listed for $9500 (lol) sometime last fall and has slowly come down in price.  would be worth every bit of 5k if it is as nice as it looks. i considered selling mine and getting this one, but I still can't get over the standard 'beige' e34 interiors, they are so blah.

Oh my I want that so bad. I just wish I could drive it on the road! For some crazy reason insurance at bare minimum for that car is more than e46 m3 for me.

It was 300+ a month full coverage on e36 m3 almost spit my coffee out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup... When I had my m3 at age 19, full coverage was $2000 a year for me... Pretty good considering, but it really sucked me dry