WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

I work for Customer Service.... And fucking hate people.

Day started off like this: Was waiting on some small plastic clips from a fellow engineer at a different plant, he threw them in an envelope and left at front desk for me to come get. Go to get them and some half-pint-dumb-as-nails rent-a-cop is sitting there instead of regular receptionist.

"I'm here to get an envelope addresses to Collin with 6 small white plastic clips"

"Uuhhhhh" (looks around, sees envelope, looks at it and looks inside). "Do you have any ID?"

(I'm wearing a company polo, told you what I needed and where it was - also what was in it..... And you want MY fucking ID?!?). Had to go back to my building and get ID since asshat would t give it to me.

So happy I've got this afternoon off...

I work for Customer Service.... And fucking hate people.

Day started off like this: Was waiting on some small plastic clips from a fellow engineer at a different plant, he threw them in an envelope and left at front desk for me to come get. Go to get them and some half-pint-dumb-as-nails rent-a-cop is sitting there instead of regular receptionist.

"I'm here to get an envelope addresses to Collin with 6 small white plastic clips"

"Uuhhhhh" (looks around, sees envelope, looks at it and looks inside). "Do you have any ID?"

(I'm wearing a company polo, told you what I needed and where it was - also what was in it..... And you want MY fucking ID?!?). Had to go back to my building and get ID since asshat would t give it to me.

So happy I've got this afternoon off...

Awesome, we must have the same rent-a-cops at our place, I have gone through the guard gate in my uniform, hardhat, etc and they are still confused as to who I am and whether I should come through.

Today is an adventure at work, I have Koh, and Yamagoshi, straight from Japan, here to get a used but new to us pouching machine started up.  Yamagoshi speaks a little english and Koh, well not so much.

Try a little ice breaking.

Milwaukee wa hajimete desu ka? (Is this your first time in Milwaukee)

If you have the chance, go out to lunch at a typical America place and show them some local sites. Social interaction goes a long way.

Related: Ask questions and give them chances to talk about things they know: their company, home, sports, etc.

They are fun to talk to, the english speaking guy has a good sense of humor, he is the sales guy.  The other guy is an engineer and was interested in how I was doing programming for the rest of the production line.  The machine is for pouching bacon bits and they thought bacon bits in a bag was funny.  Something I noticed is the difference in hand gestures that seem standard here, things like motioning to move something a little bit in a certain direction. 

On the theme of idiots, a friend of ours moved into the empty bedroom in our apartment a few days ago. He is young (recently 21) and this is his first time living not at his parents house. I returned home today to a smell that I can only describe as heinous. He put a frozen pizza in the pizza over on the counter and went to his room while it cooked. What I was smelling was the plastic bag of twenty Clif Bars and four bananas melting to the oven.

He also just asked me if I could teach him how to cook eggs tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the theme of idiots, a friend of ours moved into the empty bedroom in our apartment a few days ago. He is young (recently 21) and this is his first time living not at his parents house. I returned home today to a smell that I can only describe as heinous. He put a frozen pizza in the pizza over on the counter and went to his room while it cooked. What I was smelling was the plastic bag of twenty Clif Bars and four bananas melting to the oven. He also just asked me if I could teach him how to cook eggs tomorrow. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how to cook eggs.

1) eggs

2) ambition

3)???

4) eat raw eggs

Hahahaha Take that boy to the hood and scare some sense into him

beyond scared straight....its a show - i promise you will be disappointed 

Yesterday Bassboy and I were out driving around and some good-ol-boy's in a spraypainted S10 with Monster Energy stickers flipped a U-turn and pulled up next to us at a light. I hear an engine rev,  look over,  The guys looked about like this, though the driver was flatbillin it. 

redneck.jpg

So I humor the guy with a smile of acknowledgement.

nuh-uh.

The guy keeps at it, just staring straight at us with his horrible teeth and methface.

He proceeds to do a brakestand burnout then launches when the light turns green.  I drove away normally, didnt race him like he wanted  me to. 

So a car pulls up along side us again,  this time its Fat Joe in a Passat

FAT-JOE.jpg

I thought he was going to give me kudos for not racing on the street or something but then started jabbering off about his E30 with a "Ferrari kit" he used to have.

Him:"Yo, is that an 88?, that an 88?"

me: "91"

I was a wee bit creeped out by this guy staring at us too, less so than the Waukesha boyz in the S10, I gave it a little burst of acceleration to break the awkwardness and get away from him but the next light was red so we had to deal with him again.

Him:"blsdfjspodfjsoidgnsoidgs   wheels aodnaosndalkndgnsdg , had an 87 oandaosndoasndouabndou IT HAD A FERRARI KIT,  YEAH MAN, THAT SHIT WAS SICK (or something like that). Those fkkers run forever dawg, its like a Toyota with class!! (more rambling)" 

Ferrari Kit?  im sure his car was the most horrible 325e with a cone filter and awful wheels 

84BME302DGTWB-001.jpg

This was such an epic day! Hahaha! All that and we even got to see kyles BEAST of an e21 project. Gonna be sick nasty when its finished.

Awesome, we must have the same rent-a-cops at our place, I have gone through the guard gate in my uniform, hardhat, etc and they are still confused as to who I am and whether I should come through.

In defense of rent-a-cops, (being an armed rent a cop myself), if a client requires that we see ID, we need to see ID. 

Last year a guard at the company I work for allowed 4 men dressed as construction workers into a work site w/o checking IDs, and wouldn't you know over $4k in tools was stolen. Those rules are in place for a reason, and unless they know you on first name basis or see some ID it's called job security. Pun intended.